I live in a newer home (10 years old) so I was surprised to find the electrical outlet in my bathroom went dead yesterday. I checked the power box on the side of the house and everything looks fine. All other outlets in the house are working fine. Is there an easy fix for this, or could you direct me to an earlier thread that discusses this? Thanks.
Thought of that after I posted. You mean the little red button in the middle for resetting? Nope, doesn't have one of those. Thanks.
Look in other bathrooms for a GFCI that has tripped. A house built in the late 90's should have GFCI protection in each bathroom, but the GFCI itself may not be in each bathroom.
I had a dead outlet in my kitchen (that was not a GFI). I check the circuit breaker box and everything seemed OK there. This is the outlet that I use for my freestanding microwave and since I use my microwave alot, I knew that it had been working last night. Your suggestion to check a GFI close by was right on the money! There is a GFI outlet right around the corner in the sunroom. One of my children must have pressed the test button because it was tripped. Once I pressed the red button back in, we were back nuking our food. Just wanted you to know that your information is still helping folks!
By chance, while searching for 'dead electrical outlet' on web, I found this posting. Advice of housekeepter -"Look in other bathrooms for a GFCI that has tripped." was heaven-sent. In our 7 year old house, it turns out that there is one GFC1 in a bathroom on 2nd floor and it controls outlets of two other bathroom on two floor also. Pushing that GFCI fixed everything. Thanks again. (I was about to waste a lot of time replacing the wall outlet, etc.)
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Ways to Troubleshoot the Furnace
- 11 Real Haunted Houses to Visit--If You Dare!
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 21 Expert Picks for Fail-Safe Colors
- 10 Fall Door DIYs for the Best House on the Block
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Unexpected Uses for Spray Paint
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 8 Amazing Handmade Kitchen Counters
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 5 "Make in a Weekend" Bookshelf Projects
- 3 New Ways to Decorate with Fallen Leaves
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Storage Hacks
- 121 DIY Ideas for Halloween
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!