Painting behind toilet tank
Flush, and with your hand, hold open the flapper in the tank to release most of the water in the tank. Remove the remaining 1/2 inch of water with a sponge or an old towel.
Now, at the bottom, left of the tank, disconnect the bottom of the fill valve assembly by unscrewing the cap where the tube from the shutoff valve connects to the bottom of the tank.
Last thing is unscrew the 2 nuts (usually wing nuts) that hold the tank to the bowl.
These are under the tank, behind the bowl. Now, you can lift the tank off the bowl.
I suggest you have a big, old towel on the floor to place the tank on. It's sometimes messy.
When you put it all back, make sure that the fill valve is sitting straight, and the float is not binding against the inside of the tank.
[This message has been edited by rpxlpx (edited July 12, 2002).]
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- 15 Once-Popular Items Now Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Design a Rustic Bathroom: 10 Inspirations
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- Picture-Perfect Patios: 10 Outdoor Spaces to Love
- 10 Clever Uses for Space Under Stairs
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 16 Ways to Use Salvaged Wood in Your Home
- 108 Easy Outdoor Living Ideas
- The Right Path: 15 Wonderful Walkway Designs
- Decked Out: 12 Innovative Outdoor Living Designs
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 15 Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 8 (Truly) Unexpected Storage Spots
- 12 Celebrities' Cool Pools
- 1 Dozen Ways to Maximize a Small Yard
- 9 Easy-to-Make Garden Luminaries
- Colorful Kitchens: 10 Bright & Bold Designs