is there any rule of thumb for choosing the right color stain for our trim to go with the wall color we chose?
just purchased a nice victorian home built in 1900.
thanks for any help
You could also buy a CD called Color@Home II from Glidden. They are available at The Home Depot for $5.97.
It will you allow to import a digital picture of your house and color it!
Great product - check it out!
Bring paint into hirshfields and a sample board so you can get the color of your stain to match.Don't just pick a color from a color chart 80% of the time it isn't right and you'll prolly hate the color choice.This way you see what you are getting and can change the tint if needed.Never pick a pre-mixed color unless you know for sure it is what you want.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Top 10 Classic DIY Projects for the Outdoors
- 15 Once-Popular Household Items That Are Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Wise Ways to Get Rid of Pests and Critters
- Before and After: 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Top Tips for Keeping Countertops Like New
- 15 Amazing Things You Can Make with $0 Scrap Wood
- 14 Ways to Get More Kitchen Counter Space
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in 1 Day
- 9 Tried-and-True Methods of Eliminating Weeds
- Picture-Perfect Patios: 10 Outdoor Spaces to Love
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers