is there any rule of thumb for choosing the right color stain for our trim to go with the wall color we chose?
just purchased a nice victorian home built in 1900.
thanks for any help
You could also buy a CD called Color@Home II from Glidden. They are available at The Home Depot for $5.97.
It will you allow to import a digital picture of your house and color it!
Great product - check it out!
Bring paint into hirshfields and a sample board so you can get the color of your stain to match.Don't just pick a color from a color chart 80% of the time it isn't right and you'll prolly hate the color choice.This way you see what you are getting and can change the tint if needed.Never pick a pre-mixed color unless you know for sure it is what you want.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 11 Lessons to Learn from AirBnB's Tiniest Homes
- 10 DIY Ways to Redo Your Wall—Without Paint
- 8 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 7 House Sounds Never to Ignore
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- 11 Things Never to Keep in Your Bedroom
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!