is there any rule of thumb for choosing the right color stain for our trim to go with the wall color we chose?
just purchased a nice victorian home built in 1900.
thanks for any help
You could also buy a CD called Color@Home II from Glidden. They are available at The Home Depot for $5.97.
It will you allow to import a digital picture of your house and color it!
Great product - check it out!
Bring paint into hirshfields and a sample board so you can get the color of your stain to match.Don't just pick a color from a color chart 80% of the time it isn't right and you'll prolly hate the color choice.This way you see what you are getting and can change the tint if needed.Never pick a pre-mixed color unless you know for sure it is what you want.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects