is there any rule of thumb for choosing the right color stain for our trim to go with the wall color we chose?
just purchased a nice victorian home built in 1900.
thanks for any help
You could also buy a CD called Color@Home II from Glidden. They are available at The Home Depot for $5.97.
It will you allow to import a digital picture of your house and color it!
Great product - check it out!
Bring paint into hirshfields and a sample board so you can get the color of your stain to match.Don't just pick a color from a color chart 80% of the time it isn't right and you'll prolly hate the color choice.This way you see what you are getting and can change the tint if needed.Never pick a pre-mixed color unless you know for sure it is what you want.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Unexpected Spots for Accent Colors
- 10 Fantastic Furniture Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 9 Closet Storage Tips from a Pro Organizer
- 7 Seriously Surprising Spots for a Fireplace
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- Supersize Your Small Bathroom with 8 Tips
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love