with an oil base porch paint. It has not
dried in two and a half days. It is still
gooey and sticky. How can I remove it if
it does not eventually dry?
What is happening is it isn't penetrating the boards for the boards natural oil and solvent is working it's way out,(ageing)and with the product on it will take this along time to do this.
If you have time to wait it out it will work out fine,dirt may stick and may get grity,but it is a deck board.
Otherwise if you don't have time to wait it out,wipe it down with a damp rag of lacqueor thinner,mineral spirits or paint thinner.
Laq. thinner is the best it will speed up drying process and penetrate the boards better because it has a hooter agent than the other 2.
Ive had people call me with homes they stained with Sikkens a 3 coat process on green wood and it took 5 months for the stain to set up and do it's job.(I did not do this)but i took a look at it,they wanted to know if it needed to be redone.I could of made easy $$ here but it was fien and looked nice with just a light cleaning because dust collected to it,so all we did was lightly pressure wash it.
I don't know what prep you used but if the old floors had any wax buildup or other impurities, that could affect things adversly also.
Exterior paints are softer than interior are too. It's a wear layer to slough off UV rays.
use heat, fans, and ventilation along with patience. If there isa thick layer of floor paint and you dry it too fast, it can skin over and l;eave a softer gel layer in the middle that will always scratch easily.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Unexpected Spots for Accent Colors
- 10 Fantastic Furniture Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 9 Closet Storage Tips from a Pro Organizer
- 7 Seriously Surprising Spots for a Fireplace
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- Supersize Your Small Bathroom with 8 Tips
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love