with an oil base porch paint. It has not
dried in two and a half days. It is still
gooey and sticky. How can I remove it if
it does not eventually dry?
What is happening is it isn't penetrating the boards for the boards natural oil and solvent is working it's way out,(ageing)and with the product on it will take this along time to do this.
If you have time to wait it out it will work out fine,dirt may stick and may get grity,but it is a deck board.
Otherwise if you don't have time to wait it out,wipe it down with a damp rag of lacqueor thinner,mineral spirits or paint thinner.
Laq. thinner is the best it will speed up drying process and penetrate the boards better because it has a hooter agent than the other 2.
Ive had people call me with homes they stained with Sikkens a 3 coat process on green wood and it took 5 months for the stain to set up and do it's job.(I did not do this)but i took a look at it,they wanted to know if it needed to be redone.I could of made easy $$ here but it was fien and looked nice with just a light cleaning because dust collected to it,so all we did was lightly pressure wash it.
I don't know what prep you used but if the old floors had any wax buildup or other impurities, that could affect things adversly also.
Exterior paints are softer than interior are too. It's a wear layer to slough off UV rays.
use heat, fans, and ventilation along with patience. If there isa thick layer of floor paint and you dry it too fast, it can skin over and l;eave a softer gel layer in the middle that will always scratch easily.
- 10 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 11 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 12 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 10 Surprising Ways to Cure Household Odors
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home on a Budget
- 10 Ways to Live Large in a Small Space
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Dressing Up the Dresser: 11 Clever DIY Transformations
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 10 Ways to Use Mirrors to Your Design Advantage
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- How To: Paint EVERYTHING
- Man, Oh Man! 7 Unbelievable Guy Spaces
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 12 Wow-Worthy Woods for Kitchen Countertops
- 10 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Indoor Air Quality
- How To: Clean EVERYTHING