with an oil base porch paint. It has not
dried in two and a half days. It is still
gooey and sticky. How can I remove it if
it does not eventually dry?
What is happening is it isn't penetrating the boards for the boards natural oil and solvent is working it's way out,(ageing)and with the product on it will take this along time to do this.
If you have time to wait it out it will work out fine,dirt may stick and may get grity,but it is a deck board.
Otherwise if you don't have time to wait it out,wipe it down with a damp rag of lacqueor thinner,mineral spirits or paint thinner.
Laq. thinner is the best it will speed up drying process and penetrate the boards better because it has a hooter agent than the other 2.
Ive had people call me with homes they stained with Sikkens a 3 coat process on green wood and it took 5 months for the stain to set up and do it's job.(I did not do this)but i took a look at it,they wanted to know if it needed to be redone.I could of made easy $$ here but it was fien and looked nice with just a light cleaning because dust collected to it,so all we did was lightly pressure wash it.
I don't know what prep you used but if the old floors had any wax buildup or other impurities, that could affect things adversly also.
Exterior paints are softer than interior are too. It's a wear layer to slough off UV rays.
use heat, fans, and ventilation along with patience. If there isa thick layer of floor paint and you dry it too fast, it can skin over and l;eave a softer gel layer in the middle that will always scratch easily.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 15 Fast Facade Fixes for Instant Curb Appeal
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- 17 Jaw Dropping Deck Designs for Your Home
- 10 Woodworking Projects for Beginners
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Junk Mail
- Decorating "Rules" Meant to Be Broken
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 16 Creative Cabinet Updates
- 10 Ways to Bring Typography Style Home
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- Make Your Own Kitchen Island: 12 Designs
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- Small Bedrooms, Huge Amounts of Style
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- Tiny Bedroom? 10 Space-Saving Solutions
- 5 DIY Porch Swings Perfect for Summer
- 1 Dozen Ways to Maximize a Small Yard
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 5 Easy and Creative DIY Lamps