removing stubborn wallpaper
I suggest this as if you get the paper off you will do so much damage to the walls you will to skim coat the entire wall with joint compound and this just more work than you need to do in my opinion.
First, score the paper in one to two inch horizontal strips (seam to seam) with a utility knife. Next, apply a gel based wallpaper remover and let sit for about 10 minutes. Then, take a wallpaper steamer and apply steam to one scored edge for about 10 seconds. Use your fingernails to pick off the top layer of the wallpaper and pull across pulling the entire top layer strip off. Then, go back to where you started and steam the under layer (it should begin to bubble). Remove under layer with a putty knife other scraper.
This is the only way we could remove this wallpaper and it was a very grueling and messy process, but it will get it off.
wall preparation before painting
removing wallpaper border
Removing Painted Wallpaper in Kitchen
Plaster Repairs, following with Painting/Wallpapering
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes