we are trying to paint our kitchen. we are going from 70's yellow to a brick red color with a glaze treatment. we bought the behr paint and glaze. had to go back to get tinted primer that we were told we would not need. now as we are trying to paint the brush(trim) work starts to run down the walls. i know we are using red but we are on coat number 3 and no where near being done....
after letting dry 2 hours we tried to add another coat and the paint pulled off!
this does not seem normal. has anyone had problems with the berh glazes and stuff? really wondering what is going to happen when we get to the treatment part?
i too am painting with behr red paint, in a bedroom. no glazing, but i was told to wait 8 hours in between coats. The first coat after their tinted primer i was a little over anxious and tried to put a light coat on top, only to have it blotch and separate. Maybe wait a little longer in between coats? I am frustrated too....
Some red colors take 5 to 6 coats to get even full coverage as the paint they are made out of is starts out clear to achieve those dark colors. You should wait at least 8 hours before putting on another coat as with the amount of colorant used slows the dry time down.
As stated above you must make sure you give every coat time to dry completely. Where 8 hours is the norm if you live in a high humidity area then you probably want to wait about 12. Red is one of the hardest colors to paint with as for the base it requires to mix the paint is a deep base. The deep base has very little if any titanium which is the tint that provides the most coverage. If you were to buy the deep base paint without having it tinted, then bring it home and start painting, it would dry CLEAR. This is why it can take 6-7 coats even with priming. Good Luck
At the outset, I think you may be having a difficulty on account of the particular shade you have chosen. This shade is not so easy to come by. Also, the two hour time interval is definitely not long enough for the paint to dry and set. Have you tried to call up their helpline. My experience is that they guide you in an apt manner and will let you know what exactly is the problem.
4 coats, 2 different paints, still streaking! Help!
Help with Red Paint!
If you are not having luck using Behr paint... call ...
Latex Paint Problem
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes