Yes I have steel siding and I have 4 places around the house where it peeled over the winter. This is the second year in a row this has happened.I used a primer last year then a paint over that. Is their a special primer I should be using?Thank you in advance.
You should use an oil based metal primer if it peeling down to the bare steel. Then you can topcoat it with a high quality exterior acrylic house paint in either a satin or semi-gloss finish.
We have been doing this a lot too during the wientr. I love it! : )One of the neighbor kids had his cousin over the other day and while they were painting I was snapping away, like always, and the little girl says to her cousin, This isn't normal is it? Mommy only takes pictures of me when something special is happening.'I told her that every day is special : ) and Jonathon told her that I take pictures of them all the time. She thought it was bezerk. I think I have conditioned the neighborhood kids now. They know they will be shot doing any and all activities in or around our house : )
steel siding peeling
Wrapping windows frames correctly when installing st...
looking for steel siding
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!