Becareful it is usually used by experienced contractors and sets up very fast to allow grouting to be done within 2-3 hrs and traffic in 6.
Depending on the layout you have chosen be wary of mixing too much mortar at a time.
I had a modified offset pattern with 3 different sizes of tiles, with random mosaic tiles. The speedset worked well to do portions of the kitchen that I wanted to get tiled & grouted quickly so I could move the heavt appliances back into place so I would not have to them out of place/commission for too long (fridge/freezer) and as I did not want to have to move them totally out of the kitchen/dining area while I completed the floor.
Good Luck. This was my first tiling project, 250 sq feet and was hard on my knees, but it was well worth it. My husband still cannot beleieve that I did it. Plus I saved a ton in labor costs!!!
Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org if I can help further.
laying ceramic tile over old existing ceramic tile
Ceramic Tile over Concrete
Should we cut the door jambs?
Laying ceramic tile over linoleum
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- 15 Once-Popular Items Now Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- 10 Amazing Homes Made from Shipping Containers
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- Picture-Perfect Patios: 10 Outdoor Spaces to Love
- 10 Clever Uses for Space Under Stairs
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 16 Ways to Use Salvaged Wood in Your Home
- Natural Swimming Pools: 10 Reasons to Jump In
- 108 Easy Outdoor Living Ideas
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- Quick Tips for Tackling 10 Clutter Hot Spots
- The Right Path: 15 Wonderful Walkway Designs
- 15 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 15 Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 11 Creative Ways to Reuse Cardboard Boxes
- DIY Organization: 10 Cheap and Easy Ideas
- 15 Easy Steps to a Dust-Free Home
- 5 Common Lawn Problems—and How to Fix Them