Becareful it is usually used by experienced contractors and sets up very fast to allow grouting to be done within 2-3 hrs and traffic in 6.
Depending on the layout you have chosen be wary of mixing too much mortar at a time.
I had a modified offset pattern with 3 different sizes of tiles, with random mosaic tiles. The speedset worked well to do portions of the kitchen that I wanted to get tiled & grouted quickly so I could move the heavt appliances back into place so I would not have to them out of place/commission for too long (fridge/freezer) and as I did not want to have to move them totally out of the kitchen/dining area while I completed the floor.
Good Luck. This was my first tiling project, 250 sq feet and was hard on my knees, but it was well worth it. My husband still cannot beleieve that I did it. Plus I saved a ton in labor costs!!!
Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org if I can help further.
laying ceramic tile over old existing ceramic tile
Ceramic Tile over Concrete
Should we cut the door jambs?
Laying ceramic tile over linoleum
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 15 Fast Facade Fixes for Instant Curb Appeal
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Classic Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 8 DIY Storage Solutions for a Closet-less Room
- 9 Potent Cleaners You Didn't Know You Had
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 16 Cool DIY Coffee Tables
- 10 Fall Home Maintenance Musts
- Supersize Your Small Bath With These 8 Pro Tips
- 15 Neat Garage Storage Solutions
- Buy or Build: 15 Desks We Love
- 10 Great DIY Bookshelf Projects
- 5 Minutes Flat: 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- 10 FREE Storage Hacks
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 7 Ways to Make Your New House Look Old
- Soundproof Your Home with 11 DIYs
- Set the Tone: 8 Colors for an Inviting Dining Room
- 17 Mini Bars to Mix Up Your Home Decor
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY