Becareful it is usually used by experienced contractors and sets up very fast to allow grouting to be done within 2-3 hrs and traffic in 6.
Depending on the layout you have chosen be wary of mixing too much mortar at a time.
I had a modified offset pattern with 3 different sizes of tiles, with random mosaic tiles. The speedset worked well to do portions of the kitchen that I wanted to get tiled & grouted quickly so I could move the heavt appliances back into place so I would not have to them out of place/commission for too long (fridge/freezer) and as I did not want to have to move them totally out of the kitchen/dining area while I completed the floor.
Good Luck. This was my first tiling project, 250 sq feet and was hard on my knees, but it was well worth it. My husband still cannot beleieve that I did it. Plus I saved a ton in labor costs!!!
Email me at [email protected] if I can help further.
laying ceramic tile over old existing ceramic tile
Ceramic Tile over Concrete
Should we cut the door jambs?
Laying ceramic tile over linoleum
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Unexpected Spots for Accent Colors
- 10 Fantastic Furniture Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 9 Closet Storage Tips from a Pro Organizer
- 7 Seriously Surprising Spots for a Fireplace
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- Supersize Your Small Bathroom with 8 Tips
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love