Becareful it is usually used by experienced contractors and sets up very fast to allow grouting to be done within 2-3 hrs and traffic in 6.
Depending on the layout you have chosen be wary of mixing too much mortar at a time.
I had a modified offset pattern with 3 different sizes of tiles, with random mosaic tiles. The speedset worked well to do portions of the kitchen that I wanted to get tiled & grouted quickly so I could move the heavt appliances back into place so I would not have to them out of place/commission for too long (fridge/freezer) and as I did not want to have to move them totally out of the kitchen/dining area while I completed the floor.
Good Luck. This was my first tiling project, 250 sq feet and was hard on my knees, but it was well worth it. My husband still cannot beleieve that I did it. Plus I saved a ton in labor costs!!!
Email me at [email protected] if I can help further.
laying ceramic tile over old existing ceramic tile
Ceramic Tile over Concrete
Should we cut the door jambs?
Laying ceramic tile over linoleum
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 11 Lessons to Learn from AirBnB's Tiniest Homes
- 10 DIY Ways to Redo Your Wall—Without Paint
- 8 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 7 House Sounds Never to Ignore
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- 11 Things Never to Keep in Your Bedroom
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!