Any advice is appreciated
Any advice is appreciated
Hmmmm - You've sealed the grout and it gets dirty??? I may be missing something but white is going to show the MOST dirt. Also, HOPEFULLY, the grout itself isn't getting dirty but only the TOP of the grout. As you know, the reason the grout is sealed, among others, is to keep dirt OUT of it. If, after cleaning the grout, it is clean, that's good!
You did mention that you're using a lot of elbow grease. Maybe you need to re-seal. Clean the grout, and kinda 'rinse' it w/water when your done, and let it dry overnight. Then, reseal again. Just for the record, re-read the Instructions on the Grout Sealer can so you're still clear on the what and hows.
My best to ya and hope this helps.
Jay J -Moderator
PS: I love the look and feel of ceramic tile but I hate it too when it comes to cleaning the grout. I have Armstrong Solarium Vinyl Sheeting in my kitchen, with the 'look' of ceramic tile. For me, it works much, MUCH better than ceramic tile ...
PPS: God Bless America!
I've pondered your problem and it comes to thought that you should regrout. Purchase a grout saw at Home Depot. This is an implement that will remove the old grout enough to regrout sucessfully. Since you're no stranger to elbow grease, do it one more time. After removing the old grout, clean the sapces with a solution of muriatic acid; FOR GOODNESS SAKE, FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS AND WEAR THE RECOMMENDED SAFTEY EQUIPMENT. Flush well with clean water and regrout. I,ve tried all the sealers on the market, but the best solution I came up with is to use a flat marine polyurathe finish called Helmsman. It is also available at home depot. Again, this is time consuming. You do not want it on your tile, just the grout. I used it in my kitchen and applied it in 3 coats with an artists brush. The results are fantastic. And sorry JayJ, I will not use sheet vinyl, as in my opinion, it is way too fragile. I try to persuade my customers to go with resielient tile as it is much more sturdy, and the commercial grade will last 20 years.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 142 Remarkable Houses Around the World
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- Shelf Life: 10 Bookcase Projects You Can DIY
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- 11 Amazing Homemade Sheds to Inspire Your Own
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- Recipe for Success: 10 Easy Kitchen Storage Hacks
- Winning Combinations: 9 "Can't Miss" Color Schemes
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- The Ultimate All-Natural Cleaning Guide