Any advice is appreciated
Any advice is appreciated
Hmmmm - You've sealed the grout and it gets dirty??? I may be missing something but white is going to show the MOST dirt. Also, HOPEFULLY, the grout itself isn't getting dirty but only the TOP of the grout. As you know, the reason the grout is sealed, among others, is to keep dirt OUT of it. If, after cleaning the grout, it is clean, that's good!
You did mention that you're using a lot of elbow grease. Maybe you need to re-seal. Clean the grout, and kinda 'rinse' it w/water when your done, and let it dry overnight. Then, reseal again. Just for the record, re-read the Instructions on the Grout Sealer can so you're still clear on the what and hows.
My best to ya and hope this helps.
Jay J -Moderator
PS: I love the look and feel of ceramic tile but I hate it too when it comes to cleaning the grout. I have Armstrong Solarium Vinyl Sheeting in my kitchen, with the 'look' of ceramic tile. For me, it works much, MUCH better than ceramic tile ...
PPS: God Bless America!
I've pondered your problem and it comes to thought that you should regrout. Purchase a grout saw at Home Depot. This is an implement that will remove the old grout enough to regrout sucessfully. Since you're no stranger to elbow grease, do it one more time. After removing the old grout, clean the sapces with a solution of muriatic acid; FOR GOODNESS SAKE, FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS AND WEAR THE RECOMMENDED SAFTEY EQUIPMENT. Flush well with clean water and regrout. I,ve tried all the sealers on the market, but the best solution I came up with is to use a flat marine polyurathe finish called Helmsman. It is also available at home depot. Again, this is time consuming. You do not want it on your tile, just the grout. I used it in my kitchen and applied it in 3 coats with an artists brush. The results are fantastic. And sorry JayJ, I will not use sheet vinyl, as in my opinion, it is way too fragile. I try to persuade my customers to go with resielient tile as it is much more sturdy, and the commercial grade will last 20 years.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 15 Fast Facade Fixes for Instant Curb Appeal
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 7 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 9 Ways to Extend Patio Season into Fall
- 9 Potent Cleaners You Didn't Know You Had
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 16 Cool DIY Coffee Tables
- 10 Fall Home Maintenance Musts
- Supersize Your Small Bath With These 8 Pro Tips
- 15 Neat Garage Storage Solutions
- Buy or Build: 15 Desks We Love
- 10 Great DIY Bookshelf Projects
- 5 Minutes Flat: 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- 10 FREE Storage Hacks
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 "Must Do" September Projects
- 9 Calming Colors for a Serene Home
- 16 Easy Ideas for Customized Cabinets
- 17 Mini Bars to Mix Up Your Home Decor
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 12 Unique DIY Kitchen Island Designs