I installed DuraStone in 2006 and in only a few years noticed surface discoloration and excessive wear. I've contacted the tile company and the referred me to Congoleum. Congoleum had an inspector come out and his conclusion is that it is not 'wear' but 'scratching' so they won't stand behind it. Our kitchen chairs have always had nylon glides on them but now Congoleum says we should have used felt glides. I am very disappointed and do not recommend this tile. You would think a large corporation would stand behind it's product. It does not hold up against normal wear and tear.
We had Congoleum DuraStone installed in 2004 and it had chips and digs within 4 days. Congoleum rep came out and I said my only solution was to color with magic marker and superglue over to seal and he said "good idea". No help whatsoever. Gave us several free cartons of the tile which are still sitting in the attic 10 years later. Wrote to the company and was told the Lifetime warranty didn't cover chips, peeling, scratches or digs.So don't use anywhere this might happen,like in a house where people live. I said I'd never buy a Congoleum product again and I have told everyone I know not to as well. Also "Lifetime Warranty" means nothing.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes