I installed DuraStone in 2006 and in only a few years noticed surface discoloration and excessive wear. I've contacted the tile company and the referred me to Congoleum. Congoleum had an inspector come out and his conclusion is that it is not 'wear' but 'scratching' so they won't stand behind it. Our kitchen chairs have always had nylon glides on them but now Congoleum says we should have used felt glides. I am very disappointed and do not recommend this tile. You would think a large corporation would stand behind it's product. It does not hold up against normal wear and tear.
We had Congoleum DuraStone installed in 2004 and it had chips and digs within 4 days. Congoleum rep came out and I said my only solution was to color with magic marker and superglue over to seal and he said "good idea". No help whatsoever. Gave us several free cartons of the tile which are still sitting in the attic 10 years later. Wrote to the company and was told the Lifetime warranty didn't cover chips, peeling, scratches or digs.So don't use anywhere this might happen,like in a house where people live. I said I'd never buy a Congoleum product again and I have told everyone I know not to as well. Also "Lifetime Warranty" means nothing.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 21 Ways to Spring Clean—Naturally
- Show Off: 9 Ways to Display a Collection
- The Best Paint Colors for Low-Light Rooms
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 8 Clever Storage Solutions for Pots & Pans
- 8 Creative OTHER Ways to Use a Closet
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- 15 Eye-Catching Front Door Options
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!