A professional came by for an estimate and due to the unevenness of our concrete slab, he recommended first leveling the many uneven areas on the slab and then installing 1/2" plywood before laying a 1/2 engineered wood plank floor. Does that seem like overkill or is it possible that the subfloor is necessary?
1/2 inch engineered seems pretty thin, and will not take alot of subfloor irregularities. I have not run into a concrete subfloor that was soooo bad, it required leveling AND plywood, but you just may have that problem. Get a second opinion, cause I just cant see the floor.
here's my opinion,get a second opinion.(once the floor is level ,whats the point of the plywood)....home depot carrys a self leveling cement called level quick...stop buy and ask a few questions...good luck
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 21 Ways to Spring Clean—Naturally
- Show Off: 9 Ways to Display a Collection
- The Best Paint Colors for Low-Light Rooms
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 8 Clever Storage Solutions for Pots & Pans
- 8 Creative OTHER Ways to Use a Closet
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- 15 Eye-Catching Front Door Options
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!