A professional came by for an estimate and due to the unevenness of our concrete slab, he recommended first leveling the many uneven areas on the slab and then installing 1/2" plywood before laying a 1/2 engineered wood plank floor. Does that seem like overkill or is it possible that the subfloor is necessary?
1/2 inch engineered seems pretty thin, and will not take alot of subfloor irregularities. I have not run into a concrete subfloor that was soooo bad, it required leveling AND plywood, but you just may have that problem. Get a second opinion, cause I just cant see the floor.
here's my opinion,get a second opinion.(once the floor is level ,whats the point of the plywood)....home depot carrys a self leveling cement called level quick...stop buy and ask a few questions...good luck
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!