pine floors 2
confirm this with the people you purchased the wood from,(they may be aware of some special condition with the wood)
I have never installed wood flooring at 6%. It should be with in a couple percent of the other woods in the building. Trim woods should be dried at the manufacturer/mill to about 6-7% but if I installed it that dry,there would definitely be problems because we have a humid climate here. I recommend stacking the flooring in the area to be it's home with air circulation around it for two weeks prior to installation to let it adjust. 11% is more common here. IO don't know where this will be going but unless it is in Arizona or a similar climate, 6% is the very bottom of the range. Setting a stipulation like that will make it nearly impossible to install in most places.
That said, I have worked with a lot of Anitque Heart Pine. If that is truely what is under discussion here, it is one of the most stable woods I know of, and there is little to worry about.
I agree that it should be nailed and not glued though, in most circumstances.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Ways to Troubleshoot the Furnace
- 11 Real Haunted Houses to Visit--If You Dare!
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 21 Expert Picks for Fail-Safe Colors
- 10 Fall Door DIYs for the Best House on the Block
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Unexpected Uses for Spray Paint
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 8 Amazing Handmade Kitchen Counters
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 5 "Make in a Weekend" Bookshelf Projects
- 9 Decorating Lessons We Learned from Social Media
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Storage Hacks
- 121 DIY Ideas for Halloween
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!