pine floors 2
confirm this with the people you purchased the wood from,(they may be aware of some special condition with the wood)
I have never installed wood flooring at 6%. It should be with in a couple percent of the other woods in the building. Trim woods should be dried at the manufacturer/mill to about 6-7% but if I installed it that dry,there would definitely be problems because we have a humid climate here. I recommend stacking the flooring in the area to be it's home with air circulation around it for two weeks prior to installation to let it adjust. 11% is more common here. IO don't know where this will be going but unless it is in Arizona or a similar climate, 6% is the very bottom of the range. Setting a stipulation like that will make it nearly impossible to install in most places.
That said, I have worked with a lot of Anitque Heart Pine. If that is truely what is under discussion here, it is one of the most stable woods I know of, and there is little to worry about.
I agree that it should be nailed and not glued though, in most circumstances.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes