Not sure whether I'm posting in the right place or not. If not, could someone direct me please? We have 2 year old commercial berber made of Olefin in our bonus room. First time I shampooed it several buckles or ripples showed up and never went away. I lived with them for awhile, and then decided to redo the room, order new furniture, paint the walls, and cover most of the carpet with area rugs. New leather furniture was damaged when received. The "technician" who was sent to repair it mixed dark brown dyes over our white carpet and spilled some dye on it. Not only that but he dragged one of his "crayons" across the carpet with his toolbox and made a few marks over a 2ft by 2ft area. He sprayed the heck out of the area with a solvent-type cleaner in an aerosol can. I mean, he saturated it, and scrubbed the heck out of it. The stains came out, but now there are a couple of ripples in the carpet that won't go away. Furniture store told us to get an estimate to fix it. We had carpet installers come today, expecting to have the carpet restretched. Installers seemed to think that stretching would do no good. Suggested that the cleaner might have delaminated the carpet. What do you think, oh carpet experts out there? Is our carpet ruined, or can it be fixed?
Removing wall to wall carpet
Can a plug-in wall light be changed to a hardwire li...
I accidentally stripped my hardwood floor....
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!