I am planning on laying down a tile floor in a pattern. The patter looks like this:
the only difference is my tiles will be smaller - 6x6, 6x12, 12x12, 12x18
the floor we will be tiling is 150 square feet. (although the room is not square).
I do not know how to figure out how many of each tile I will need to order since the pattern is not squared off.
By my calculation, using the size tiles you mentioned, one unit would be a 3x3' square, or 9 square feet. The amount of each size tile should be the same in that diagram for the tile size you are using. For 150 sq ft you would need enough tile to make 17 units (9'x17units= 153 sq ft). So count up the number of each size tile making up one unit and multiply by 17 to get the amount you need. Get a few extra to allow for cuts along the walls. And you can cut the bigger ones down to a smaller size tile if you run short.
Cutting holes in porcelain tile
Cleaning an old yellowed & dirty ceramic bathroom ti...
Italian Porcelain tile
HELP Please! new tile floor/toilet installation ?
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 10 Clever Uses for the Space Under the Stairs
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- House Quiz: Test Your Knowledge of U.S. Architecture
- 10 Things You Can Build with Plumbing Pipes
- Sweet Dreams: 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love
- 16 Ingenious IKEA Hacks
- 18 Clever and Easy DIY Ways to Use Rope at Home
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 9 No-Sew Fabric DIY Projects to Dress Up Any Room
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight