I am redoing a bath and tiling the wall partway. Is there a standard height to tile above a vanity that makes sense--the mirror would sit on top of the tile? I have a window in the room the bottom of which is at 40"--feels like the tile should go a bit above the window for it to look right but then it may get too high above a vanity. any thoughts?
About 4' up off the floor is standard but not hard and fast. We will move the line up or down on a job depending on the height and location of wall wsitches, outlets and such. If the mirror is in the way it can be padded out from behind with wood so the bottom clears the tile. If it is part of a medicine chest it should be installed first then the tile cut to it. I have seen plain mirrors mounted to the wall and tile extended up and over to make it look like a picture frame.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!