This WaterSense-certified showerhead creates a wave pattern that cuts down on water consumption even while providing a satisfying, luxurious experience. Plus, for households with varying water pressure preferences, the dual settings of the DELTA FACUET make it versatile enough to keep everyone happy. On the one hand, there’s a conservative high-power spray and on the other, an even more efficient setting with a slight adjustment.
The Best Showerhead Options for the Bathroom
Make sense of pressure, efficiency, and more in order to purchase the best device to transform your bathroom into a home spa.
BobVila.com and its partners may earn a commission if you purchase a product through one of our links.
- Best Overall ShowerheadDELTA FAUCET 2-Spray H2Okinetic Shower HeadCheck Latest Price
- Best Combo ShowerheadMoen Engage Handheld Shower Head with MagnetixCheck Latest Price
- Best Rain ShowerheadSR SUN RISE 12 Inch High Pressure Rainfall ShowerheadCheck Latest Price
Whether you’re researching showerheads as part of a larger bathroom renovation project or simply because you’re fed up with the drippy drizzle that comes out of your current fixture, you may need some assistance navigating the plentitude of available options. Read on for our recommendations, and for tips on determining what you really want and need in terms of showerhead features and functions.
- BEST OVERALL SHOWERHEAD: Delta Faucet 2-Spray H2Okinetic Shower Head
- BEST COMBO SHOWERHEAD: Moen Engage Handheld Shower Head with Magnetix
- BEST RAIN SHOWERHEAD: SR SUN RISE 12 Inch High Pressure Rainfall Showerhead
Shopping Considerations for Choosing the Right Showerhead
Pick your pressure.
There are a host of shower spray options available today.
- Aerating showerheads mix air and water to produce a misty, substantial spray, yet they may cool the water by as much as 15 degrees.
- Laminar-flow showerheads offer a mighty yet less misty experience, through individual streams of water. They tend to be a bit pricier.
- Rain showerheads have a large head and a wide, low-pressure spray pattern to give you the sensation of gentle precipitation.
- Multi-setting models let you customize flow, with up to 12 shower experiences—from a trickle to a pulsing massage.
Choose your placement.
Showerheads differ also in whether they are wall-mounted, ceiling-mounted, or handheld. Mounted varieties offer a clean-lined look and ease of use. Handheld versions can be a boon if you have mobility issues, or if you’ll be bathing small children or pets. With some showerheads, you get the best of both worlds—a mounted main head plus a smaller handheld.
What about water waste?
Water efficiency is a factor well worth weighing. Since 1994, federal law has required showerhead manufacturers to limit flow rate to 2.5 gallons of water (GPM) per minute. In California, due to stricter water use regulation, WaterSense fixtures are required by state law.
Our Top Picks
Whether you need some reach or prefer to rinse off beneath a stationary showerhead, this Moen handheld model provides the ultimate flexibility for the entire household’s needs. Select one of six shower options (from massage to downpour), and remove and replace the showerhead from its magnetic dock with ease. The Moen comes in both a high-shine chrome and a matte brushed nickel option to suit any bathroom design.
Usher in a truly spa-like experience by making this rain showerhead the star feature of your bath. The soothing streams of water from the unit’s 112 silicone nozzles mimic the downpour of a heavy rain, while, thanks to built-in air injection technology, the total output of the showerhead never exceeds 2.5 gallons per minute.