Latest Discussions : Basement & Foundation

TMLFANS

01:49PM | 03/17/06
Member Since: 03/16/06
1 lifetime posts
I was (and I say was) renovating my basement. I have my walls insulated and

1 wall gyproced. I had some weak spots in my subfloor that I thought I

could patch. I started to rip up one section and realized that most if not

all of the floor is water damaged from years ago. I just bought the house a

year ago. Most of the strapping are rotted badly. I pulled up 1 - half

inch piece of underlay and noticed this weird (could be mould) crystal type

of fuzzy looking stuff. This stuff looks like cotton candy. IS this mould.

I am confused as to what to do. Will this problem (potential mould removal)

be covered by our insurance. Is this extremely dangerous. The basement is

not being used. Our washer and dryer are down there along with a deep

freeze. My wife is due with our first child on Wednesday coming up. Any

advice as to what I should do?

This MAY be confined to one small section, but am not sure. Any advice?

Should I leave it and call our insurance company so they can come over to

take a look? Shoudl I rip up the rest of the floor?

I can take a picture of this white cotton candy crystal looking stuff and

post it if required.

Please advise!!!

sisserow

07:49AM | 11/04/13
Member Since: 11/04/13
1 lifetime posts
Hi there,

Did you ever get help with that white crystal cotton-candy type stuff? Was it a kind of mould? I have discovered some of that in my home and am very nervous about disrupting it as I don't want to release the spores into the atmosphere...I also have black mould growing in an area where there is damp coming in. Please share any information you may have! Many thanks, Sue



Post a reply as Anonymous

Photo must be in JPG, GIF or PNG format and less than 5MB.

Reply choose button

Anonymous

Post new button or Login button
Register