Latest Discussions : HVAC


06:20AM | 01/27/03
Member Since: 12/30/02
46 lifetime posts
I am coming to the time to install insulation on my basement walls.I've noticed that there is faced and unfaced insulation.If I use faced insulation do I still need to install a plastic vapor barrier?
Thanks in advance.


01:08AM | 02/02/03
Member Since: 01/28/03
693 lifetime posts
You need to treat the walls with a vapor barrier type paint caoting such as DryLok.

Otherwise, you need to simply install faced insulation between your studs with the facing going toward the inside of the room.

Here is a helpful link:

Post a reply as Anonymous

Photo must be in JPG, GIF or PNG format and less than 5MB.

Reply choose button


Post new button or Login button