Latest Discussions : Miscellaneous


09:57PM | 05/13/01
Member Since: 05/13/01
1 lifetime posts
I am replacing my old 24" woodburning fireplace which is center mounted in a 71" wide by 27" deep protruding wall, with a new 36" corner woodburning model, reducing the wall to a 44" width in the process. I received an offer which calls for the removal of the old framing and the installation of the new 36" corner fireplace, including all rough-in work. What does the term rough-in mean? Does it include new framing and/or drywall?

Jay J

04:37PM | 05/14/01
Member Since: 10/26/00
782 lifetime posts
Hi Chicago,

Generally, rough-in means 'sizing' everything up for the install of the 'new stuff' (to keep it simple.)

Finishing means hanging the drywall, priming/painting, and anything else that needs to be done after that to 'finish' the job.

If you need to, ask the Pro what his particular Finishing is. You never know.

My best to ya and hope this helps.

Jay J -Moderator

Post a reply as Anonymous

Photo must be in JPG, GIF or PNG format and less than 5MB.

Reply choose button


Post new button or Login button