Latest Discussions : Miscellaneous


09:59PM | 03/25/20
I have a wall in my apartment in my dining room, about 10" high x 8-10" wide that is the shared wall with my noisy neighbor-It is an older building, and I do not want to hear her, and her music any longer. I have been looking at options and need help with what would be the least invasive way to do this. I do not want to take the wall down, and build it back properly with sound proof insulation.

I see that putting up dry wall and then put a layer of quiet film in-between or use green glue between 2 layers of dry wall?
Can I put quiet film on the existing wall without adding dry wall and paint over it in white- would that be enough of a sound barrier, and would that look good?

What other options do you have? keep in mind wall is in the dining room, and I have a nice mirror hanging on the wall, and the wall that is next to it is a window looking out to my patio I have about 2 inches from the wall to the widow frame . (I do not want to hang curtains, or eggshell foam)
Thank you,
B55963e6 73c4 4d4a 9859 ec0d59cf0725


12:15PM | 03/28/20
You will need to hire a drywall contractor. They can install sound channel and attach 2 layers of drywall using sound caulk. Your walls are only 10" high and 8-10" wide? (oops)

Post a reply as Anonymous

Photo must be in JPG, GIF or PNG format and less than 5MB.

Reply choose button


Post new button or Login button