Latest Discussions : Miscellaneous


04:48AM | 10/11/07
Member Since: 10/10/07
1 lifetime posts
I have a 12 year old house that is a prefab. No basement under it (it is on cement pillars). It has been empty for 1 and 1/2 years. (I inherited it.) I recently decided to move into it. Their is a musty smell in the master bathroom. We have removed the carpet and it seem s to be coming from the floor. Who do I call to come and find out if it is mold or where the smell is coming from. My stuff is in the house but I am staying at a friends due to the smell.


06:38AM | 10/11/07
Member Since: 11/18/98
187 lifetime posts
Do you have access to the crawl space.

You may be able to see if you have mold/rot or a leak from underneath.

As it stands you don't know if you have or had a leak from the drains or the feeds and if it is still leaking.

basically you may need a plumber and handyman.

but potentially you may need a master carpenter if you need to rip out walls and floors.

You can also call a home inspector and mold may be covered by your homeowners insurance. you would have to check with your agent.

Post a reply as Anonymous

Photo must be in JPG, GIF or PNG format and less than 5MB.

Reply choose button


Post new button or Login button