Latest Discussions : Miscellaneous

tom lynch

11:10AM | 07/23/01
Member Since: 09/19/00
6 lifetime posts
My house in Western Massachusetts has an addition with a pressure-treated plywood "skirt." I would like to cover this plywood with a product that resembles concrete (to match the rest of the foundation). The only product I have found thus far is called "Miracote." The problem with Miracote is it can not be applied to pressure-treated wood,
which means we will need to nail a thin layer of plywood (not pressure-treated) over the pressure-treated plywood.I've heard about fake stucco products, but it seems they have a problem with letting moisture in. Can anyone recommend a product suitable for what I'm looking to do? A brand name would be particularly helpful. Thanks.


12:16PM | 07/23/01
Member Since: 05/02/01
28 lifetime posts
How about using Stucco. You could install a vapor barrier, then rigid insulation sheets then the chicken wire and finally stucco.

tom lynch

12:21PM | 07/23/01
Member Since: 09/19/00
6 lifetime posts
Thanks for the tip, but I might as well just nail a
thin layer of non-pressure treated plywood.
Fewer steps, less bulk, and a similar outcome.
I'm really trying to find what other products are
out there.


05:22PM | 07/23/01
Member Since: 07/19/01
5 lifetime posts
try an acrylic cementicous(spelling) overlayment, you can get it or find out where to get it at a cement company. "Increte" is a name brand through my local cement company. It should bond to the treated wood, but I would sand it with 36 grit sand paper and rough it up real good.

This overlayment is like stucco, but better and will last longer. It also will withstand the UV rays and weather.


Post a reply as Anonymous

Photo must be in JPG, GIF or PNG format and less than 5MB.

Reply choose button


Post new button or Login button