Latest Discussions : Plumbing


06:24AM | 07/25/04
Member Since: 05/21/04
2 lifetime posts
In reading some of the posts here that pertain to my problem it appears that I need a "closet auger". My toilet doesn't seem to have much flushing pressure when there is matter in the bowl. My question is just where do I start with the auger? Do I start in the toilet itself or do I need to get into the pipes in the cellar? If I need to get into the cellar piping how do I get the end caps off? I tried with a pair of water pumps and nothing budged. I certainly don't want to be breaking anything in the cellar. Thanks for the help/advice.

plumber Tom

07:29PM | 07/25/04
Member Since: 05/10/03
801 lifetime posts
starts with the toilet. The closet bend refers to the 90 degree angle or bend. All u have to do is extend the auger to the max length, then turn the auger clockwaise until you clear the clog. Sanitary napkins, small objects and other paper clogs usually are the culprit.

Post a reply as Anonymous

Photo must be in JPG, GIF or PNG format and less than 5MB.

Reply choose button


Post new button or Login button