10:38AM | 06/04/05
Member Since: 06/03/05
4 lifetime posts
Has anyone heard of a company called Scheirich Cabinetry? One of the rear mounting sockets for a drawer slide broke. The socket is of a peculiar design as it is held on a metal plate at the back of the cabinet, no screws are needed. I haven't been able to get a replacement at the local hardware stores. Perhaps the company was bought out and is trading under a different name. Please help!!


05:05PM | 06/21/06
Member Since: 06/20/06
1 lifetime posts
We also have the same problem and it is pretty frustrating. We have 24 drawers in our house and we've probably had 12 of these things break.

Surely other Scheirich cabinet owners are facing the same problem. What are they using as replacements?



06:51PM | 09/17/06
Member Since: 09/16/06
1 lifetime posts
The Web Page below might be of assistance to you. There is a link to "About Us" that explains that the Scheirich Manufacturing plant closed in 1991. This company appears to be helpful though and offers a 1-800 number.


07:55AM | 07/25/07
Member Since: 07/24/07
1 lifetime posts
I found the ever elusive rear drawer guides for Scheirich drawer units. Contact Bill Spencer 1-800-729-0402.

They are sold in sets of 10 or 12 and shipped priority mail.

Bill provided great customer service.

Good Luck


07:37AM | 11/12/07
Member Since: 11/11/07
1 lifetime posts
I just spoke with Mr. Spencer and it seems that to replace one plastic boot it is going to cost me $66 - 10 sets of boots. Has anyone found a more reasonable suppier or willing to resell some of their extra boots.



10:29AM | 11/13/07
Member Since: 11/12/07
2 lifetime posts
I would like a few as well. My parents have a few of these drawers that are broken and have been looking for parts to repair them for a long time.

Would you be willing to share the cost?


01:29PM | 11/19/07
Member Since: 06/24/07
33 lifetime posts
I know of this brand of cabinets, but have never had to fix the supports. If faced with this, I'd probably improvise a solution with something I could find. Lowe's carries quite a few cabinet glide hardware replacement parts.

Also try Bainbridge:

237 W. 3rd Street • P.O. Box 487 • Waterville, WA 98858

(509) 745-9555 • 1-800-255-4702 • Fax (509) 745-9666 •


02:35PM | 11/19/07
Member Since: 06/24/07
33 lifetime posts


11:37AM | 12/14/07
Member Since: 12/13/07
2 lifetime posts
I also found the one & only web site refered to as, and they are out of their mind. I only want one little piece called a drawer glide cup, or (boot). Its just a small plastic clip on the backend of drawer slide. They want $6.00 a pair which I can afford, however their minimum order is $66 for a case of 10 boxes. That would be 6 pairs x 10 boxes = 66 pairs!! I certainly don't need a whole case. However,I suppose if I do find a deal, I better buy more than one pair, sounds like everyone else has been having the same trouble. My cabinets are 20 yrs. old and this is the first one that broke. Keep me posted for any new developments.


05:25PM | 01/15/08
Member Since: 12/13/07
2 lifetime posts
I finally solved my problem about drawer slide tabs (cabinet boot). I ended up buying a box of them for $66.00. I only needed the left tab but since I'm not a handyman, it was easier to get the authentic replacement part. I counted all my Scheirich cabinet drawers and I have over 15 thruout the house so I may as well have extras on hand. Sometimes you have to bite the bullet.
Click to reply button Inspiration banner


Post a reply as Anonymous

Photo must be in JPG, GIF or PNG format and less than 5MB.

Reply choose button


Post new button or Login button

Follow banner a
Newsletter icon Flipboard glossy Facebook Twitter Pinterest Youtube Rss icon