Latest Discussions : Electrical & Lighting


08:18AM | 02/22/03
Member Since: 02/21/03
3 lifetime posts
I need to move a wall fixture - can I splice the electrical cords at the original box site to get the extra length and then drywall it in?


11:24AM | 02/22/03
Member Since: 11/05/01
98 lifetime posts
No, any splice point must be in an approved enclosure which must remain accessible. Rerouting the existing wiring or running a new one is the correct option here if you want to patch the wall where the light currently sits.

Post a reply as Anonymous

Photo must be in JPG, GIF or PNG format and less than 5MB.

Reply choose button


Post new button or Login button