Latest Discussions : Flooring & Stairs


04:00PM | 07/02/07
Member Since: 11/01/06
34 lifetime posts
Hello all...

First thing first... i do confess that I sneak peek from time to time another popular tv show... by the name of TOH... ok ok ok... now that this is out of the way... here we go!

I recall seeing in an old TOH show (The Cambridge House)... a method for making a stone anti-slip by using a torch and burning the surface of the stone... which they were saying was more effective than sand blasting.

In my ever continuing bathroom remodelling, I am about to do the floor using 3/8" or 1/2" thick marble and not wanting to hit my skull on the floor when it's going to be wet... I was wondering if I could apply such a treatment to marble (maybe too fragile) and of course... knowing the name of that treatment would also help in asking aound to my stone suppliers if they can do it! ;)

Thanks in advance!


10:12AM | 07/04/07
Member Since: 07/03/05
283 lifetime posts
I believe it is called flaming but I also believe it only pertains to certain stones like granite and is not something to be done inside a house. There are stone refinishers in the chat forum at who can guide you.

There are products that can be applied to the floor to make it more slip resistant. is a national brand and there are others also. Try googling anti-slip floor treatments

Post a reply as Anonymous

Photo must be in JPG, GIF or PNG format and less than 5MB.

Reply choose button


Post new button or Login button