For 25 years my steam boiler and hot water zone (coil) heater worked fine.
I then had a new system installed. Now, every fall, when I turn the heat back on, the hot water zone unit does not work. The plumber says it is clogged and replaces it.
Two people said the unit is running off the bottom of the boiler and that is the problem (but the older unit worked for decades).
Solutions offered seem to be very expensive or without guarantees of durability.
Can anyone suggest a functional solution?
Have you changed the filter? I found that whenever we had an issue with our boiler, it was due to a backed-up line. (Took me forever to figure this out because I'm from California, so I had no previous experience using boilers). LOL. I'd look online. You can find air filters all over the web. Keep a couple handy so you're not stuck out in the cold!
loss of hot water pressure
vibrating hot water pipes
Hydronic Heat, Indirect Water Heater, No Hot Water, ...
Hot water heater reset ?
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 15 Fast Facade Fixes for Instant Curb Appeal
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 7 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 9 Ways to Extend Patio Season into Fall
- 9 Potent Cleaners You Didn't Know You Had
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 16 Cool DIY Coffee Tables
- 10 Fall Home Maintenance Musts
- Supersize Your Small Bath With These 8 Pro Tips
- 15 Neat Garage Storage Solutions
- Buy or Build: 15 Desks We Love
- 10 Great DIY Bookshelf Projects
- 5 Minutes Flat: 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- 10 FREE Storage Hacks
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 "Must Do" September Projects
- 9 Calming Colors for a Serene Home
- 16 Easy Ideas for Customized Cabinets
- 17 Mini Bars to Mix Up Your Home Decor
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 12 Unique DIY Kitchen Island Designs