For 25 years my steam boiler and hot water zone (coil) heater worked fine.
I then had a new system installed. Now, every fall, when I turn the heat back on, the hot water zone unit does not work. The plumber says it is clogged and replaces it.
Two people said the unit is running off the bottom of the boiler and that is the problem (but the older unit worked for decades).
Solutions offered seem to be very expensive or without guarantees of durability.
Can anyone suggest a functional solution?
Have you changed the filter? I found that whenever we had an issue with our boiler, it was due to a backed-up line. (Took me forever to figure this out because I'm from California, so I had no previous experience using boilers). LOL. I'd look online. You can find air filters all over the web. Keep a couple handy so you're not stuck out in the cold!
loss of hot water pressure
vibrating hot water pipes
Hydronic Heat, Indirect Water Heater, No Hot Water, ...
Hot water heater reset ?
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Top 10 Classic DIY Projects for the Outdoors
- 15 Once-Popular Household Items That Are Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Wise Ways to Get Rid of Pests and Critters
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Top Tips for Keeping Countertops Like New
- 15 Amazing Things You Can Make with $0 Scrap Wood
- 14 Ways to Get More Kitchen Counter Space
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in 1 Day
- 9 Tried-and-True Methods of Eliminating Weeds
- Top 11 Color Trends to Follow in 2014
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 10 “Stone Sober” Household Uses for Liquor
- 10 Plant Containers to Make with Everyday Items
- 15 Spring Home Maintenance Musts
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 12 Easy Ways to Revitalize Outdoor Furniture
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- Wow-Worthy Window Films: 11 Top Picks
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Air Quality
- 10 Ingenious Home Uses for Baking Soda