Absolutely tell the builder! I'd mail a certified letter, return receipt to him with that along with ALL other 'issues' if you have more than one. (Ask the Post Office how much time should go by on a 'good day' as to when you should expect a return receipt. After that, start a trace on it! Oh, and if you can, mail it from your builder's P.O.)
At the same time, document dates, times, names, 'the nature of the conversation', and any other 'thoughts' you might have in a notebook. If for some unfortunate reason you end up in court, you don't want the Judge to decide your case on he-said, she-said kind-of-testimony. Believe me - It usually favors the builder because he will fall back on the contract!!!
My best to ya and hope this helps.
Jay J -Moderator
PS: Be sure to make the mailing BEFORE your House Warranty runs out. You want your letter to be postmarked about a week before the end of the Warranty ...
PPS: God Bless America!
"L" shaped strike plate
Hartie Board over bad L-P Siding
Can l easily convert my delta 10 inch table saw to a...
L-shaped bar plans
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 25 Insanely Easy-to-Make Holiday Ornaments
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 Classic Ways to Brighten Up a Dark Room
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Indoor Air Quality
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 7 Unauthorized Uses for Common Appliances
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- Best Secret Hiding Spots We've Ever Seen
- Sweet Dreams: 15 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 17 Creative Ways to Repurpose Cardboard
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow ANYWHERE
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 10 Bookcases You Can Make Yourself
- 7 Mistakes Not to Make with Your Fireplace
- The Easy 1-Hour Money-Saving Home Checkup
- Quick Fixes for a Fresher Shower
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Ways to Redecorate Without Spending a Dime
- 16 Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!