Absolutely tell the builder! I'd mail a certified letter, return receipt to him with that along with ALL other 'issues' if you have more than one. (Ask the Post Office how much time should go by on a 'good day' as to when you should expect a return receipt. After that, start a trace on it! Oh, and if you can, mail it from your builder's P.O.)
At the same time, document dates, times, names, 'the nature of the conversation', and any other 'thoughts' you might have in a notebook. If for some unfortunate reason you end up in court, you don't want the Judge to decide your case on he-said, she-said kind-of-testimony. Believe me - It usually favors the builder because he will fall back on the contract!!!
My best to ya and hope this helps.
Jay J -Moderator
PS: Be sure to make the mailing BEFORE your House Warranty runs out. You want your letter to be postmarked about a week before the end of the Warranty ...
PPS: God Bless America!
"L" shaped strike plate
Hartie Board over bad L-P Siding
Can l easily convert my delta 10 inch table saw to a...
L-shaped bar plans
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- World's Most Amazing Slip 'N Slide
- 15 Once-Popular Items Now Vanishing
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- 11 Big Ideas for Small Kitchens
- 5 Things to Do with... Colanders
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- The Right Path: 15 Wonderful Walkway Designs
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in a Day
- Easy DIY Fixes for 11 Annoying House Problems
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- Make Good Use of Old Junk: 14 Creative Ideas
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- 10 Smart Solutions for Small Bedrooms
- 5 DIY Porch Swings Perfect for Summer
- 1 Dozen Ways to Maximize a Small Yard
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 5 Easy and Creative DIY Lamps