Our builder's tile guy said a large percentage of our currently installed tile is loose b/c the previous installer didn't use enough butter on the back of the tiles when setting them (particularly around the edges). Our builder wants to replace the existing grout (not tiles) with an epoxy grout in an attempt to correct the issue. The builder says the grout will flow under the edges of the loose tiles and fix the problem.
Would someone with tile flooring experience let me know if replacing the grout with Epoxy grout will fix the issue or if it is just prolonging the inevitable replacement of my tile?
Our tile is installed on the ground floor (monolithic slab) of our house. The original tile was replaced about 18 months ago. The builder said the membrane below the original tile had delaminated and caused those tiles to come loose. The current tile has been in place about 18 months. When I noticed grout beginning to crumble on some of our current tiles I started tapping on tiles and found many of them to sound hollow around the edges and some sounded hollow all over.
Hardwood floor question.
re-use ceramic tile?
Ceramic tiles on an arch
cracked tile on shower floor. Do I need to replace ...
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 25 Insanely Easy-to-Make Holiday Ornaments
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 Classic Ways to Brighten Up a Dark Room
- 10 Quick and Creative Stocking Stuffers
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 7 Unauthorized Uses for Common Appliances
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- Best Secret Hiding Spots We've Ever Seen
- Sweet Dreams: 15 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 10 Must-Do Projects for November
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow ANYWHERE
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 10 Bookcases You Can Make Yourself
- 7 Mistakes Not to Make with Your Fireplace
- The Easy 1-Hour Money-Saving Home Checkup
- Quick Fixes for a Fresher Shower
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Ways to Redecorate Without Spending a Dime
- The Top 10 Artificial Christmas Trees