Our builder's tile guy said a large percentage of our currently installed tile is loose b/c the previous installer didn't use enough butter on the back of the tiles when setting them (particularly around the edges). Our builder wants to replace the existing grout (not tiles) with an epoxy grout in an attempt to correct the issue. The builder says the grout will flow under the edges of the loose tiles and fix the problem.
Would someone with tile flooring experience let me know if replacing the grout with Epoxy grout will fix the issue or if it is just prolonging the inevitable replacement of my tile?
Our tile is installed on the ground floor (monolithic slab) of our house. The original tile was replaced about 18 months ago. The builder said the membrane below the original tile had delaminated and caused those tiles to come loose. The current tile has been in place about 18 months. When I noticed grout beginning to crumble on some of our current tiles I started tapping on tiles and found many of them to sound hollow around the edges and some sounded hollow all over.
Hardwood floor question.
re-use ceramic tile?
Ceramic tiles on an arch
cracked tile on shower floor. Do I need to replace ...
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 15 Fast Facade Fixes for Instant Curb Appeal
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Classic Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 8 DIY Storage Solutions for a Closet-less Room
- 9 Potent Cleaners You Didn't Know You Had
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 16 Cool DIY Coffee Tables
- 10 Fall Home Maintenance Musts
- Supersize Your Small Bath With These 8 Pro Tips
- 15 Neat Garage Storage Solutions
- Buy or Build: 15 Desks We Love
- 10 Great DIY Bookshelf Projects
- 5 Minutes Flat: 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- 10 FREE Storage Hacks
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 7 Ways to Make Your New House Look Old
- 11 DIYs for A Soundproofed Home
- 9 Ways to Get on Board with Pegboard
- 17 Mini Bars to Mix Up Your Home Decor
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 8 New Ways to Use Old Wooden Crates