Our builder's tile guy said a large percentage of our currently installed tile is loose b/c the previous installer didn't use enough butter on the back of the tiles when setting them (particularly around the edges). Our builder wants to replace the existing grout (not tiles) with an epoxy grout in an attempt to correct the issue. The builder says the grout will flow under the edges of the loose tiles and fix the problem.
Would someone with tile flooring experience let me know if replacing the grout with Epoxy grout will fix the issue or if it is just prolonging the inevitable replacement of my tile?
Our tile is installed on the ground floor (monolithic slab) of our house. The original tile was replaced about 18 months ago. The builder said the membrane below the original tile had delaminated and caused those tiles to come loose. The current tile has been in place about 18 months. When I noticed grout beginning to crumble on some of our current tiles I started tapping on tiles and found many of them to sound hollow around the edges and some sounded hollow all over.
Hardwood floor question.
re-use ceramic tile?
Ceramic tiles on an arch
cracked tile on shower floor. Do I need to replace ...
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 20 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects