Our builder's tile guy said a large percentage of our currently installed tile is loose b/c the previous installer didn't use enough butter on the back of the tiles when setting them (particularly around the edges). Our builder wants to replace the existing grout (not tiles) with an epoxy grout in an attempt to correct the issue. The builder says the grout will flow under the edges of the loose tiles and fix the problem.
Would someone with tile flooring experience let me know if replacing the grout with Epoxy grout will fix the issue or if it is just prolonging the inevitable replacement of my tile?
Our tile is installed on the ground floor (monolithic slab) of our house. The original tile was replaced about 18 months ago. The builder said the membrane below the original tile had delaminated and caused those tiles to come loose. The current tile has been in place about 18 months. When I noticed grout beginning to crumble on some of our current tiles I started tapping on tiles and found many of them to sound hollow around the edges and some sounded hollow all over.
Hardwood floor question.
cracked tile on shower floor. Do I need to replace ...
re-use ceramic tile?
Ceramic tiles on an arch
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Top 10 Classic DIY Projects for the Outdoors
- 15 Once-Popular Household Items That Are Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Wise Ways to Get Rid of Pests and Critters
- Before and After: 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Top Tips for Keeping Countertops Like New
- 15 Amazing Things You Can Make with $0 Scrap Wood
- 14 Ways to Get More Kitchen Counter Space
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in 1 Day
- 9 Tried-and-True Methods of Eliminating Weeds
- Picture-Perfect Patios: 10 Outdoor Spaces to Love
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers