Well here is the story on the walls. When we first moved in the northeast corner of the basement wall would get covered with ice from the sliding door to four feet past the fusebox. When it got above 32deg. it would melt on the floor.
Had builder of home & and he brought a professional waterproofing company represenative out to look at it. Both had no idea what to do. Thought insulating would help. Put two coats of dryloc on the walls during the summer to see if that would help. The walls still iced up during the second winter. And when it got above 32deg. it melted to the floor.
This summer I insullated with 1in. pink foam and 4mm plastic barrier and drywall. Supported on 2x2 wood strips on my North wall and East wall. When the temps went above 32deg. I had water over all of my floor on those walls. Had a representative from the waterproofing company out to the house(again) to look at what might be done. They said it looks like a humidity problem. Have been running a dehumidifier for over a month. I have also added extra insullation between the walls and the main floor.
Today 2/10/05 came home to a basement with water all along the two walls. Temp of the day is above 32deg. Have asked around and nobody can give me a answer on how to cure this problem.
Thanks for listening. We've tried everything that we can think of and would appreciate any help.
- Forum >
- Basement & Foundation >
- New home -water on basement walls after freezing temps, then melts & drips to floor
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 159 Storage Ideas for Space-Starved DIYers
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- 9 Easy Ways to Kill Weeds Effectively
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- Simple “Under $60” Curb Appeal Updates for Any Home
- 67 Expert Tips to Aid Your Spring Cleaning
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight