Well here is the story on the walls. When we first moved in the northeast corner of the basement wall would get covered with ice from the sliding door to four feet past the fusebox. When it got above 32deg. it would melt on the floor.
Had builder of home & and he brought a professional waterproofing company represenative out to look at it. Both had no idea what to do. Thought insulating would help. Put two coats of dryloc on the walls during the summer to see if that would help. The walls still iced up during the second winter. And when it got above 32deg. it melted to the floor.
This summer I insullated with 1in. pink foam and 4mm plastic barrier and drywall. Supported on 2x2 wood strips on my North wall and East wall. When the temps went above 32deg. I had water over all of my floor on those walls. Had a representative from the waterproofing company out to the house(again) to look at what might be done. They said it looks like a humidity problem. Have been running a dehumidifier for over a month. I have also added extra insullation between the walls and the main floor.
Today 2/10/05 came home to a basement with water all along the two walls. Temp of the day is above 32deg. Have asked around and nobody can give me a answer on how to cure this problem.
Thanks for listening. We've tried everything that we can think of and would appreciate any help.
- Forum >
- Basement & Foundation >
- New home -water on basement walls after freezing temps, then melts & drips to floor
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 15 Fast Facade Fixes for Instant Curb Appeal
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Classic Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 8 DIY Storage Solutions for a Closet-less Room
- 9 Potent Cleaners You Didn't Know You Had
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 16 Cool DIY Coffee Tables
- 10 Fall Home Maintenance Musts
- Supersize Your Small Bath With These 8 Pro Tips
- 15 Neat Garage Storage Solutions
- Buy or Build: 15 Desks We Love
- 10 Great DIY Bookshelf Projects
- 5 Minutes Flat: 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- 10 FREE Storage Hacks
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Ways to Use Leather in Your Next Project
- 9 Calming Colors for a Serene Home
- 9 Ways to Get on Board with Pegboard
- 17 Mini Bars to Mix Up Your Home Decor
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 8 New Ways to Use Old Wooden Crates