Well here is the story on the walls. When we first moved in the northeast corner of the basement wall would get covered with ice from the sliding door to four feet past the fusebox. When it got above 32deg. it would melt on the floor.
Had builder of home & and he brought a professional waterproofing company represenative out to look at it. Both had no idea what to do. Thought insulating would help. Put two coats of dryloc on the walls during the summer to see if that would help. The walls still iced up during the second winter. And when it got above 32deg. it melted to the floor.
This summer I insullated with 1in. pink foam and 4mm plastic barrier and drywall. Supported on 2x2 wood strips on my North wall and East wall. When the temps went above 32deg. I had water over all of my floor on those walls. Had a representative from the waterproofing company out to the house(again) to look at what might be done. They said it looks like a humidity problem. Have been running a dehumidifier for over a month. I have also added extra insullation between the walls and the main floor.
Today 2/10/05 came home to a basement with water all along the two walls. Temp of the day is above 32deg. Have asked around and nobody can give me a answer on how to cure this problem.
Thanks for listening. We've tried everything that we can think of and would appreciate any help.
- Forum >
- Basement & Foundation >
- New home -water on basement walls after freezing temps, then melts & drips to floor
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes