Well here is the story on the walls. When we first moved in the northeast corner of the basement wall would get covered with ice from the sliding door to four feet past the fusebox. When it got above 32deg. it would melt on the floor.
Had builder of home & and he brought a professional waterproofing company represenative out to look at it. Both had no idea what to do. Thought insulating would help. Put two coats of dryloc on the walls during the summer to see if that would help. The walls still iced up during the second winter. And when it got above 32deg. it melted to the floor.
This summer I insullated with 1in. pink foam and 4mm plastic barrier and drywall. Supported on 2x2 wood strips on my North wall and East wall. When the temps went above 32deg. I had water over all of my floor on those walls. Had a representative from the waterproofing company out to the house(again) to look at what might be done. They said it looks like a humidity problem. Have been running a dehumidifier for over a month. I have also added extra insullation between the walls and the main floor.
Today 2/10/05 came home to a basement with water all along the two walls. Temp of the day is above 32deg. Have asked around and nobody can give me a answer on how to cure this problem.
Thanks for listening. We've tried everything that we can think of and would appreciate any help.
- Forum >
- Basement & Foundation >
- New home -water on basement walls after freezing temps, then melts & drips to floor
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Top 10 Classic DIY Projects for the Outdoors
- 15 Once-Popular Household Items That Are Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Wise Ways to Get Rid of Pests and Critters
- 9 Tried-and-True Methods of Eliminating Weeds
- Top Tips for Keeping Countertops Like New
- 15 Amazing Things You Can Make with $0 Scrap Wood
- 14 Ways to Get More Kitchen Counter Space
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in 1 Day
- 10 Secret Rooms & Passages in Ordinary Homes
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers