I have a room under my front porch that I want to make into a wine cellar. The walls are poured concrete (8" thick, 9'high) and the ceiling is poured concrete (3") over corrugated steel sheeting. The problem I have is condensation on the steel in the winter (i.e., cool temperatures.) What is the best way to insulate this space without the worry of condensation (and consequent mold)? I would like to install a drop ceiling and finish it as my wine cellar. BTW, I have foamed (insulation) the spaces between the corrugations and the top of the wall.
Have you received any replies to your post on how to correct the sweating problem under your porch? I am in the midst of a similar project and have the same problem. I'd like to know how you fixed it.
Exterior waterproofing with stone foundation and gra...
Crawl Space Problems
basement noise issue
basement bathroom framing
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 11 Lessons to Learn from AirBnB's Tiniest Homes
- 10 DIY Ways to Redo Your Wall—Without Paint
- 8 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 7 House Sounds Never to Ignore
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- 11 Things Never to Keep in Your Bedroom
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!