I have a room under my front porch that I want to make into a wine cellar. The walls are poured concrete (8" thick, 9'high) and the ceiling is poured concrete (3") over corrugated steel sheeting. The problem I have is condensation on the steel in the winter (i.e., cool temperatures.) What is the best way to insulate this space without the worry of condensation (and consequent mold)? I would like to install a drop ceiling and finish it as my wine cellar. BTW, I have foamed (insulation) the spaces between the corrugations and the top of the wall.
Have you received any replies to your post on how to correct the sweating problem under your porch? I am in the midst of a similar project and have the same problem. I'd like to know how you fixed it.
Exterior waterproofing with stone foundation and gra...
Crawl Space Problems
basement noise issue
basement bathroom framing
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 10 Unexpected Spots for Accent Colors
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- 9 Easy Ways to Kill Weeds Effectively
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 11 Homemade Sheds to Fill Your Storage Needs
- Ultimate Lawn Care Guide: 12 Steps to a Prize-Winning Yard
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight