I am a professional entomologist who has been in pest management for more than 30 years, and I am really astounded at the so-called "expert" suggestions on this website under "all natural" pest control. Certainly there may be some OK "home" remedies, but things like sprinkling salt for fleas or putting out a light dust of diatomaceous earth for bed bugs are in the realm of verifiable ignorance as neither of these approaches would work and ignore the reality of how to manage these pests.
Don't you have a qualified expert to review this junk?
As Bob has very well known name recognition in do-it-yourself work from his TV show and marketing, this misinformation has the veneer of credibility when in fact is is pure junk for the most part. I urge your organization to get someone who is a real expert in this area and stop posting this useless information that will do more harm than good..
I would review it all with comments, but there is so much there and I don't have the time to do that as I am working on other projects..
the best you could do is delete the entire subject until you have someone hired who knows the area .... obviously your writers are "instant experts" who are quite ignorant of real pest management.
Sam Bryks, M.Sc. Board Certified Entomologist
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- 15 Once-Popular Items Now Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- 10 Essentials for the Perfect Modern Bath
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- Picture-Perfect Patios: 10 Outdoor Spaces to Love
- 10 Clever Uses for Space Under Stairs
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 16 Ways to Use Salvaged Wood in Your Home
- Natural Swimming Pools: 10 Reasons to Jump In
- 108 Easy Outdoor Living Ideas
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- Why You Should Reconsider Aboveground Pools
- 5 Common Lawn Problems—and How to Fix Them
- 15 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 15 Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 11 Creative Ways to Reuse Cardboard Boxes
- DIY Organization: 10 Cheap and Easy Ideas
- 15 Easy Steps to a Dust-Free Home
- The Right Path: 15 Wonderful Walkway Designs