I have a home that is about 5 years old in an existing neighborhood of 1950's homes. This home had zero water issues with the basement the first year. I have since determined that I am located potentially in a high water table area?
Then from year # 2 to year #5 the problem has increased.
My unfinished basement was built 9 feet tall, it has a sump pit and a ejection pit for an Unused prepped basement bath that is currently stubbed and capped until future basement finishing.
The basement when being installed has a small water problem with being built on top of an underground spring, exactly under the ejection pit and sump pump corner.
The ejection pit is constantly filling up with water from over the edge of the bucket and running back into the pit. So much water that it was overflowing and running into the sump pump pit about one foot away instead of flooding my basement.
I had a plumber come and install a sump pump in the ejection pit bucket. Now the water still comes over the edges and runs into the pit, then pumps out probably one or twice per MINUTE of each day. During the months of October thru February there is nothing, no water coming in at all.
Is there anything I can do, someone mentioned dewatering the lot, but they were not sure how to do it. I was recently diagnosed with bleeding ulcers and I know it is due to this water issue. I worry about it all the time. I am halfway tempted to sell and move one, but I do not think my house will sell with this problem. We have a hung sewer, we do have a water pressure back up on the regular sump pump pit. But the noise, thumping of the pumps, trickling noise of the water are very troublesome to continue.
People that come to my home are all buffalo'd by the problem and nobody can come up with a solution. Can I cement off the ejection pit and simply never use the basement bath preps? Or, move the ejection pit, them cement the space over? I know this sounds clueless, but I need some help as the professionals I have had over simply shake their heads and have no ideas.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 15 Fast Facade Fixes for Instant Curb Appeal
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 7 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Clearing the Air: 10 Natural Ways to Remedy Household Odors
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 16 Cool DIY Coffee Tables
- 10 Fall Home Maintenance Musts
- Celebrity Kitchens: Get the Look
- 15 Neat Garage Storage Solutions
- Buy or Build: 15 Desks We Love
- 10 Great DIY Bookshelf Projects
- Believe It or Not: 9 Incredible Faux Finishes You Can Do Yourself
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- 10 FREE Storage Hacks
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 "Must Do" September Projects
- 9 Calming Colors for a Serene Home
- 16 Easy Ideas for Customized Cabinets
- 17 Mini Bars to Mix Up Your Home Decor
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 12 Unique DIY Kitchen Island Designs