I have a home that is about 5 years old in an existing neighborhood of 1950's homes. This home had zero water issues with the basement the first year. I have since determined that I am located potentially in a high water table area?
Then from year # 2 to year #5 the problem has increased.
My unfinished basement was built 9 feet tall, it has a sump pit and a ejection pit for an Unused prepped basement bath that is currently stubbed and capped until future basement finishing.
The basement when being installed has a small water problem with being built on top of an underground spring, exactly under the ejection pit and sump pump corner.
The ejection pit is constantly filling up with water from over the edge of the bucket and running back into the pit. So much water that it was overflowing and running into the sump pump pit about one foot away instead of flooding my basement.
I had a plumber come and install a sump pump in the ejection pit bucket. Now the water still comes over the edges and runs into the pit, then pumps out probably one or twice per MINUTE of each day. During the months of October thru February there is nothing, no water coming in at all.
Is there anything I can do, someone mentioned dewatering the lot, but they were not sure how to do it. I was recently diagnosed with bleeding ulcers and I know it is due to this water issue. I worry about it all the time. I am halfway tempted to sell and move one, but I do not think my house will sell with this problem. We have a hung sewer, we do have a water pressure back up on the regular sump pump pit. But the noise, thumping of the pumps, trickling noise of the water are very troublesome to continue.
People that come to my home are all buffalo'd by the problem and nobody can come up with a solution. Can I cement off the ejection pit and simply never use the basement bath preps? Or, move the ejection pit, them cement the space over? I know this sounds clueless, but I need some help as the professionals I have had over simply shake their heads and have no ideas.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- World's Most Amazing Slip 'N Slide
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- 10 Steps to Paradise in Your Own Backyard
- 47 Industrial Kitchens
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- 15 Plants Perfect for Hanging Baskets
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 16 Creative Cabinet Updates
- Buy or Build: 15 Desks We Love
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- Make Your Own Kitchen Island: 12 Designs
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- Corral Kids' Clutter with 15 DIY Storage Ideas
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- Tiny Bedroom? 10 Space-Saving Solutions
- 5 DIY Porch Swings Perfect for Summer
- 1 Dozen Ways to Maximize a Small Yard
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 5 Easy and Creative DIY Lamps