I have a home that is about 5 years old in an existing neighborhood of 1950's homes. This home had zero water issues with the basement the first year. I have since determined that I am located potentially in a high water table area?
Then from year # 2 to year #5 the problem has increased.
My unfinished basement was built 9 feet tall, it has a sump pit and a ejection pit for an Unused prepped basement bath that is currently stubbed and capped until future basement finishing.
The basement when being installed has a small water problem with being built on top of an underground spring, exactly under the ejection pit and sump pump corner.
The ejection pit is constantly filling up with water from over the edge of the bucket and running back into the pit. So much water that it was overflowing and running into the sump pump pit about one foot away instead of flooding my basement.
I had a plumber come and install a sump pump in the ejection pit bucket. Now the water still comes over the edges and runs into the pit, then pumps out probably one or twice per MINUTE of each day. During the months of October thru February there is nothing, no water coming in at all.
Is there anything I can do, someone mentioned dewatering the lot, but they were not sure how to do it. I was recently diagnosed with bleeding ulcers and I know it is due to this water issue. I worry about it all the time. I am halfway tempted to sell and move one, but I do not think my house will sell with this problem. We have a hung sewer, we do have a water pressure back up on the regular sump pump pit. But the noise, thumping of the pumps, trickling noise of the water are very troublesome to continue.
People that come to my home are all buffalo'd by the problem and nobody can come up with a solution. Can I cement off the ejection pit and simply never use the basement bath preps? Or, move the ejection pit, them cement the space over? I know this sounds clueless, but I need some help as the professionals I have had over simply shake their heads and have no ideas.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes