I have M&W windows manufactured by Chattahoochee Window Works in Columbus, Georgia. My house is 3 years old and for 2 1/2 of those years we have smelled a moldy/mildew smell in our rooms. We've been searching and searching for the source and finally after removing our walls down to the studs, have seen that our windows are leaking. We've experienced dust and dirt, cracking & peeling sills, cracking and peeling baseboards beneath the windows, and rotten spots on the windows, interior and exterior. The manufacturer has been on sight to "doctor" the windows but finally attempted to blame us for the problem accusing us of not caulking our windows often enough. He said we should caulk our windows every 6 months. Right.
Has anyone had any success with the company relacing the windows? Has anyone had any success legally with the issue? I am willing do discuss the issue with anyone because there definitely seems to be a pattern.
Rotting Sills with MW windows
Marvin windows leaking
MW Windows-We can diagnose and prove your problems.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes