I have M&W windows manufactured by Chattahoochee Window Works in Columbus, Georgia. My house is 3 years old and for 2 1/2 of those years we have smelled a moldy/mildew smell in our rooms. We've been searching and searching for the source and finally after removing our walls down to the studs, have seen that our windows are leaking. We've experienced dust and dirt, cracking & peeling sills, cracking and peeling baseboards beneath the windows, and rotten spots on the windows, interior and exterior. The manufacturer has been on sight to "doctor" the windows but finally attempted to blame us for the problem accusing us of not caulking our windows often enough. He said we should caulk our windows every 6 months. Right.
Has anyone had any success with the company relacing the windows? Has anyone had any success legally with the issue? I am willing do discuss the issue with anyone because there definitely seems to be a pattern.
Rotting Sills with MW windows
Marvin windows leaking
MW Windows-We can diagnose and prove your problems.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 11 Lessons to Learn from AirBnB's Tiniest Homes
- 10 DIY Ways to Redo Your Wall—Without Paint
- 8 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 7 House Sounds Never to Ignore
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- 11 Things Never to Keep in Your Bedroom
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!