I have M&W windows manufactured by Chattahoochee Window Works in Columbus, Georgia. My house is 3 years old and for 2 1/2 of those years we have smelled a moldy/mildew smell in our rooms. We've been searching and searching for the source and finally after removing our walls down to the studs, have seen that our windows are leaking. We've experienced dust and dirt, cracking & peeling sills, cracking and peeling baseboards beneath the windows, and rotten spots on the windows, interior and exterior. The manufacturer has been on sight to "doctor" the windows but finally attempted to blame us for the problem accusing us of not caulking our windows often enough. He said we should caulk our windows every 6 months. Right.
Has anyone had any success with the company relacing the windows? Has anyone had any success legally with the issue? I am willing do discuss the issue with anyone because there definitely seems to be a pattern.
Rotting Sills with MW windows
Marvin windows leaking
MW Windows-We can diagnose and prove your problems.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Ways to Troubleshoot the Furnace
- 11 Real Haunted Houses to Visit--If You Dare!
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 21 Expert Picks for Fail-Safe Colors
- 7 DIY Ways to Reuse a 5-Gal Bucket
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Unexpected Uses for Spray Paint
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 8 Amazing Handmade Kitchen Counters
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 5 "Make in a Weekend" Bookshelf Projects
- 9 Decorating Lessons We Learned from Social Media
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Storage Hacks
- 121 DIY Ideas for Halloween
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!