I have M&W windows manufactured by Chattahoochee Window Works in Columbus, Georgia. My house is 3 years old and for 2 1/2 of those years we have smelled a moldy/mildew smell in our rooms. We've been searching and searching for the source and finally after removing our walls down to the studs, have seen that our windows are leaking. We've experienced dust and dirt, cracking & peeling sills, cracking and peeling baseboards beneath the windows, and rotten spots on the windows, interior and exterior. The manufacturer has been on sight to "doctor" the windows but finally attempted to blame us for the problem accusing us of not caulking our windows often enough. He said we should caulk our windows every 6 months. Right.
Has anyone had any success with the company relacing the windows? Has anyone had any success legally with the issue? I am willing do discuss the issue with anyone because there definitely seems to be a pattern.
Rotting Sills with MW windows
Marvin windows leaking
MW Windows-We can diagnose and prove your problems.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 159 Storage Ideas for Space-Starved DIYers
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- 9 Easy Ways to Kill Weeds Effectively
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- Simple “Under $60” Curb Appeal Updates for Any Home
- 67 Expert Tips to Aid Your Spring Cleaning
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight