I have a 1966 brick ranch house built over a crawl space with a block foundation. I have a problem with sagging center load bearing walls. I am considering pouring concrete supports and using jacks to support these walls. I also have some water damage to the house band board. Any suggestions about the best way to address these problems? Thanks for any help offered.
We recently completed a project similat to yours. The original builder missed the load bearing beams form the load point above. The problem came that the floor sagged. This was coupled by the fact the project was built on unsuitable ground. They built a support coulm over swampy soggy material and a tree stump. We poured footings larger than originally used. 3X3x12" footins with rebar down to good soil were pouredat about 8' apart. The concrete was allowed to set 14 days and 30 ton jacks were used to lift the sagging main beam to as best could be acheived. Steel concrete filled lolly columns with top and bottom plates were cut to fit and this resolved a 3" sag to an acceptable 3/4"/
Exterior waterproofing with stone foundation and gra...
worth buying a home in need of foundation repair?
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects Anyone Can Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 9 "Killer" Ways to Eliminate Weeds
- 142 Remarkable Houses Around the World
- Designers Reveal Today's Top 10 Bath Remodeling Trends
- 10 Ways to Live Large in a Small Space
- 11 Amazing Homemade Sheds to Inspire Your Own
- Shelf Life: 10 Bookcase Projects You Can DIY
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight