I have a 1966 brick ranch house built over a crawl space with a block foundation. I have a problem with sagging center load bearing walls. I am considering pouring concrete supports and using jacks to support these walls. I also have some water damage to the house band board. Any suggestions about the best way to address these problems? Thanks for any help offered.
We recently completed a project similat to yours. The original builder missed the load bearing beams form the load point above. The problem came that the floor sagged. This was coupled by the fact the project was built on unsuitable ground. They built a support coulm over swampy soggy material and a tree stump. We poured footings larger than originally used. 3X3x12" footins with rebar down to good soil were pouredat about 8' apart. The concrete was allowed to set 14 days and 30 ton jacks were used to lift the sagging main beam to as best could be acheived. Steel concrete filled lolly columns with top and bottom plates were cut to fit and this resolved a 3" sag to an acceptable 3/4"/
Exterior waterproofing with stone foundation and gra...
worth buying a home in need of foundation repair?
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Top 10 Classic DIY Projects for the Outdoors
- 15 Once-Popular Household Items That Are Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Wise Ways to Get Rid of Pests and Critters
- Before and After: 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Top Tips for Keeping Countertops Like New
- 15 Amazing Things You Can Make with $0 Scrap Wood
- 14 Ways to Get More Kitchen Counter Space
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in 1 Day
- 9 Tried-and-True Methods of Eliminating Weeds
- Top 11 Color Trends to Follow in 2014
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers