I have a 1966 brick ranch house built over a crawl space with a block foundation. I have a problem with sagging center load bearing walls. I am considering pouring concrete supports and using jacks to support these walls. I also have some water damage to the house band board. Any suggestions about the best way to address these problems? Thanks for any help offered.
We recently completed a project similat to yours. The original builder missed the load bearing beams form the load point above. The problem came that the floor sagged. This was coupled by the fact the project was built on unsuitable ground. They built a support coulm over swampy soggy material and a tree stump. We poured footings larger than originally used. 3X3x12" footins with rebar down to good soil were pouredat about 8' apart. The concrete was allowed to set 14 days and 30 ton jacks were used to lift the sagging main beam to as best could be acheived. Steel concrete filled lolly columns with top and bottom plates were cut to fit and this resolved a 3" sag to an acceptable 3/4"/
Exterior waterproofing with stone foundation and gra...
worth buying a home in need of foundation repair?
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes