I'm experiencing noise from my Dryer. It's a steady humming noise. It dries the clothes fine but the noise is constant. Can anyone give me any ideas as to what it can be?
Noise from a dryer is usually from the moving parts of which there are only a few.The motor and drum which are connected by a belt is the usual source of noise.Sometimes the belt is loose,or the motor bearings wear,or it's a simple matter of oiling or greasing.If you're not into poking around inside the dryer then you may want to have an appliance person stop by.
I had one once with a tension pully for the drive belt that became noisey. It had a teflon washer that kept it quiet which was worn out. Lubricating the pulley was a temporary fix - I had to get another washer. I suggest you take the front off the dryer and listen to the parts as they operate.
I just had a Kenmore 27" electric dryer model #110.69912990 that started making a high-pitched noise even though it was drying well. Problem was a fabric softener sheet had slipped around the lint filter into the exhaust fan. This is easily accessible by removing the front panel on the bottom of the dryer, unscrew the black cover just below the lint filter, and clean out the exhaust fan located lower left inside the black cover. All you need is a screwdriver to release the two clips at the top of the panel, about 4" in from each side, and a nut driver to remove the screws holding the cover to the exhaust fan. No more squealing! Picture shows the black cover attached after removing front panel.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- 15 Once-Popular Items Now Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Design a Rustic Bathroom: 10 Inspirations
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- 9 Budget Ways to Revive Your Porch
- 10 Clever Uses for Space Under Stairs
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- Make Your Small Bathroom Feel BIG
- 108 Easy Outdoor Living Ideas
- The Right Path: 15 Wonderful Walkway Designs
- 10 Smart New Uses for Old Tires
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 15 Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- Design a Better Bedroom: 9 Strategies
- 21 Paint Colors That Never Fail
- 1 Dozen Ways to Maximize a Small Yard
- 9 Easy-to-Make Garden Luminaries
- Would You Live in a Floating Home?