I'm experiencing noise from my Dryer. It's a steady humming noise. It dries the clothes fine but the noise is constant. Can anyone give me any ideas as to what it can be?
Noise from a dryer is usually from the moving parts of which there are only a few.The motor and drum which are connected by a belt is the usual source of noise.Sometimes the belt is loose,or the motor bearings wear,or it's a simple matter of oiling or greasing.If you're not into poking around inside the dryer then you may want to have an appliance person stop by.
I had one once with a tension pully for the drive belt that became noisey. It had a teflon washer that kept it quiet which was worn out. Lubricating the pulley was a temporary fix - I had to get another washer. I suggest you take the front off the dryer and listen to the parts as they operate.
I just had a Kenmore 27" electric dryer model #110.69912990 that started making a high-pitched noise even though it was drying well. Problem was a fabric softener sheet had slipped around the lint filter into the exhaust fan. This is easily accessible by removing the front panel on the bottom of the dryer, unscrew the black cover just below the lint filter, and clean out the exhaust fan located lower left inside the black cover. All you need is a screwdriver to release the two clips at the top of the panel, about 4" in from each side, and a nut driver to remove the screws holding the cover to the exhaust fan. No more squealing! Picture shows the black cover attached after removing front panel.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Ways to Troubleshoot Furnace Problems (Before Calling In the Pros)
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Classic Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- DIY Workbenches: 5 You Can Build in a Weekend
- 7 DIY Ways to Reuse a 5-Gal Bucket
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Unexpected Uses for Spray Paint
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 8 Amazing Handmade Kitchen Counters
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Knock-Your-Socks-Off Laundry Room Ideas
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 5 "Make in a Weekend" Bookshelf Projects
- 9 Decorating Lessons We Learned from Social Media
- Three Ways to Find a Wall Stud (Without Fancy Equipment)
- 16 Ingenious IKEA Hacks
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!