fellow wood workers...
i have not been able to find any info on how to make cabriole legs...
Almost positive that I read an article in Fine Woodworking about it. Probably about 6 or 7 years ago (Last time that I Subscribed). At any rate I'm sure that involved the use ot a lathe and band saw. I think you have to turn the leg on the lathe and at some point move one of the centers. Check out FWW.
Mark If your still interested in receiving info on how to make cabriole legs,look in any bandsaw book.I have here in front of me a book entitled Bandsaw Handbook by Mark Duginske that has all the info your looking for as how to make cabriole legs.Bought this book at Barnes and Noble a couple years ago and learned how to cut these legs like a pro.It is really easy after you try a few times.Of course you need a bandsaw before you can do anything.I have used these legs on several projects since learning how to cut these legs. Good Luck Mitch@BellAtlanticNet
doors. My leaky doors are a big source of lost heat.With a wood-burning stove you don't relaly have a control with a thermostat, so that may be an issue, and I wouldn't store any flammable finishes or do any finish work with an open flame in the area. Dust clouds can ignite as well.For the 3-car sized shop layout, see the link below. My shop is also about 20 x30 . In my earlier posts I walk through my thinking process for how I arrived at this layout (see links in this article). I started with workflow, drew it all to scale, then went through my most common tasks in real life, and made notes on the drawing until I was happy. Then I re-drew it and designed the dust collection layout and electrical layout from that. It's still a work in progress (isn't it always?)!Link: Current Shop Layout Reply
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes