fellow wood workers...
i have not been able to find any info on how to make cabriole legs...
Almost positive that I read an article in Fine Woodworking about it. Probably about 6 or 7 years ago (Last time that I Subscribed). At any rate I'm sure that involved the use ot a lathe and band saw. I think you have to turn the leg on the lathe and at some point move one of the centers. Check out FWW.
Mark If your still interested in receiving info on how to make cabriole legs,look in any bandsaw book.I have here in front of me a book entitled Bandsaw Handbook by Mark Duginske that has all the info your looking for as how to make cabriole legs.Bought this book at Barnes and Noble a couple years ago and learned how to cut these legs like a pro.It is really easy after you try a few times.Of course you need a bandsaw before you can do anything.I have used these legs on several projects since learning how to cut these legs. Good Luck Mitch@BellAtlanticNet
doors. My leaky doors are a big source of lost heat.With a wood-burning stove you don't relaly have a control with a thermostat, so that may be an issue, and I wouldn't store any flammable finishes or do any finish work with an open flame in the area. Dust clouds can ignite as well.For the 3-car sized shop layout, see the link below. My shop is also about 20 x30 . In my earlier posts I walk through my thinking process for how I arrived at this layout (see links in this article). I started with workflow, drew it all to scale, then went through my most common tasks in real life, and made notes on the drawing until I was happy. Then I re-drew it and designed the dust collection layout and electrical layout from that. It's still a work in progress (isn't it always?)!Link: Current Shop Layout Reply
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 142 Remarkable Houses Around the World
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- Shelf Life: 10 Bookcase Projects You Can DIY
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- 11 Amazing Homemade Sheds to Inspire Your Own
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- Recipe for Success: 10 Easy Kitchen Storage Hacks
- Winning Combinations: 9 "Can't Miss" Color Schemes
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- The Ultimate All-Natural Cleaning Guide