I have a Maytag fridge mdl MZD266GE, which of course is one month out of warranty. It has an icemaker that you can get cube, crushed, or water from the outside door. It has no adjustment, dial, or anything else on the icemaker. It makes ice great, cube or crushed, but the door wont open for it to fall into the glass. The maker feeds the ice into the hole in the back of the fridge door where it fills up and will run over. However, I have to open the door and push the ice down in the hole to make the door open so it will fill the glass.
Thanks for any help or ideas.
give us more details. Is this a recent problem? Has the environment the fridge is in change? ie have you decided to stop using your AC and it is more humid in the house. Did something get stuck and you had to force it out?
Maytag offered to make the repair even though it was out of warranty. The service man arrived, disconnected the electrical connections at the top door hinge, remove the faceplate, removed two screws that held the outside unit, and found the arm that connects the door to the actuator had slipped off. Took every bit of two minutes.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 159 Storage Ideas for Space-Starved DIYers
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- 9 Easy Ways to Kill Weeds Effectively
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- Simple “Under $60” Curb Appeal Updates for Any Home
- 67 Expert Tips to Aid Your Spring Cleaning
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight