I have a Maytag fridge mdl MZD266GE, which of course is one month out of warranty. It has an icemaker that you can get cube, crushed, or water from the outside door. It has no adjustment, dial, or anything else on the icemaker. It makes ice great, cube or crushed, but the door wont open for it to fall into the glass. The maker feeds the ice into the hole in the back of the fridge door where it fills up and will run over. However, I have to open the door and push the ice down in the hole to make the door open so it will fill the glass.
Thanks for any help or ideas.
give us more details. Is this a recent problem? Has the environment the fridge is in change? ie have you decided to stop using your AC and it is more humid in the house. Did something get stuck and you had to force it out?
Maytag offered to make the repair even though it was out of warranty. The service man arrived, disconnected the electrical connections at the top door hinge, remove the faceplate, removed two screws that held the outside unit, and found the arm that connects the door to the actuator had slipped off. Took every bit of two minutes.
- 10 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 11 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 12 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 10 Surprising Ways to Cure Household Odors
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home on a Budget
- 10 Ways to Live Large in a Small Space
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Dressing Up the Dresser: 11 Clever DIY Transformations
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 10 Ways to Use Mirrors to Your Design Advantage
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- How To: Paint EVERYTHING
- Man, Oh Man! 7 Unbelievable Guy Spaces
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 12 Wow-Worthy Woods for Kitchen Countertops
- 10 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Indoor Air Quality
- How To: Clean EVERYTHING