I have a Maytag fridge mdl MZD266GE, which of course is one month out of warranty. It has an icemaker that you can get cube, crushed, or water from the outside door. It has no adjustment, dial, or anything else on the icemaker. It makes ice great, cube or crushed, but the door wont open for it to fall into the glass. The maker feeds the ice into the hole in the back of the fridge door where it fills up and will run over. However, I have to open the door and push the ice down in the hole to make the door open so it will fill the glass.
Thanks for any help or ideas.
give us more details. Is this a recent problem? Has the environment the fridge is in change? ie have you decided to stop using your AC and it is more humid in the house. Did something get stuck and you had to force it out?
Maytag offered to make the repair even though it was out of warranty. The service man arrived, disconnected the electrical connections at the top door hinge, remove the faceplate, removed two screws that held the outside unit, and found the arm that connects the door to the actuator had slipped off. Took every bit of two minutes.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes