I have a Maytag fridge mdl MZD266GE, which of course is one month out of warranty. It has an icemaker that you can get cube, crushed, or water from the outside door. It has no adjustment, dial, or anything else on the icemaker. It makes ice great, cube or crushed, but the door wont open for it to fall into the glass. The maker feeds the ice into the hole in the back of the fridge door where it fills up and will run over. However, I have to open the door and push the ice down in the hole to make the door open so it will fill the glass.
Thanks for any help or ideas.
give us more details. Is this a recent problem? Has the environment the fridge is in change? ie have you decided to stop using your AC and it is more humid in the house. Did something get stuck and you had to force it out?
Maytag offered to make the repair even though it was out of warranty. The service man arrived, disconnected the electrical connections at the top door hinge, remove the faceplate, removed two screws that held the outside unit, and found the arm that connects the door to the actuator had slipped off. Took every bit of two minutes.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects