My oven recently retired and I have sadly purchased a new one. My old oven did not plug into an outlet. I'm wondering if I can wire the new one directly, the same way the old one was wired? Can this be done easily (can i handle the job)? If not, do i call an electrician or an appliance person for the job and about how much will this cost? Sorry to bombard everyone with so many questions...I just don't want to blow up my apartment!
Yes you can wire the new one how the old was wired as long as it facilitates this. I think most of the new ones come with plugs now, but you may be able to remove the plug and "hard wire" it. A plug installed into a 240VAC receptacle makes for easier cleaning, if you ever wanted to pull the range out and mop behind it.
Installing plug on range
1953 Wedgewood instruction manual
microwave oven wattage
bake and broil not working in my oven ignitor not gl...
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes