Hey, I was daydreaming today and had the wild idea to make a sunken living room in my finished basement for my home theatre.
I have an 1145 (2290 total)square ft finished basement under my 4 yr old single level ranch.
Obviously I would have to determine if I have any plumbing under where I would do the big dig. but other than that, anyone have any other things I should worry about? would it effect the structural integrity of my home? after all Im just thinking about digging down about 3 feet, pouring a new slab in the hole and sides. in the middle of my existing living room. Im not going to be nearany load bearing walls. Any thoughts would be appreciated. I just thought that would be a totally cool look to have a sunken theatre area with my pit couch down in the hole, with the top of the back of the couch even with the existing floor. Thanks in advance
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 21 Ways to Spring Clean—Naturally
- Show Off: 9 Ways to Display a Collection
- The Best Paint Colors for Low-Light Rooms
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 8 Clever Storage Solutions for Pots & Pans
- 8 Creative OTHER Ways to Use a Closet
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- 15 Eye-Catching Front Door Options
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!