Need advice desperately! : ) We are buying a house that has differential settlement, caused by poor drainage and soil erosion.... Part of the house is on a slab, the part that has settled is on conventional. We are not sure if we should use the pier system (like ram jack uses) or to go with pressure grouting to raise the convential portion and support the house. We are leaning towards the pier system because they have a 10 yr. warranty. The other has only a 1 year warranty. Does anyone have any advice? We are so confused and unsure about how to spend our money on this project.
Any comments would be helpful. Thanks!
The pier system is the better solution. Pressure grout will only raise the house but will not change the subsoil the foundation is resting on. If it has already settled there is no guarantee it will not continue to do so unless the cause of the settlement is corrected.
Garage wall moisture
GE gas oven not working, but stovetop is working? H...
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Ways to Troubleshoot the Furnace
- 11 Real Haunted Houses to Visit--If You Dare!
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 21 Expert Picks for Fail-Safe Colors
- 7 DIY Ways to Reuse a 5-Gal Bucket
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Unexpected Uses for Spray Paint
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 8 Amazing Handmade Kitchen Counters
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 5 "Make in a Weekend" Bookshelf Projects
- 9 Decorating Lessons We Learned from Social Media
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Storage Hacks
- 121 DIY Ideas for Halloween
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!