I have a dilemma with my bathroom. The tub-shower is built-in and surrounded on three sides like a traditional built-in. The difficulty is the open wall - it has an opening in the shape of an arch rather than regular rectangular one.
I want to put a shower curtain rod, but the trouble is knowing how to do it. Do I put a straight rod on the inside of the arch? I think it would look silly (too high) outside of the arch, but I don't have a creative solution.
I'm going to assume that the walls of your traditional shower are tiled so you don't need the whole claw foot tub shower ring enclosure thing. If that is the case, I would go with the straight bar across the inside of the arch. Try to find a bar that matches the style of your house. For instance, a mission style house might look great with a twisted iron rod. Simple chrome would look great in a classic or modern house. Two things to consider... for most of the time the shower curtain will be open and when you are showering the space between the top of the shower curtain and the arch will allow the steam to escape. If you decide to mount it on the outside, again mount it at a normal height (not at or above the arch level) and maybe put 2 shower curtains up with one on each side of the opening to frame the shower/bath. Hope this helps and is clear enough to understand!
Rough Inspection Questions....Please Help...
Need help wiring lanterns with built in motion senso...
Need help/ideas on a cabinet/built in armoire
St. Charles Complete Kitchen
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 21 Ways to Spring Clean—Naturally
- Show Off: 9 Ways to Display a Collection
- The Best Paint Colors for Low-Light Rooms
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 8 Clever Storage Solutions for Pots & Pans
- 8 Creative OTHER Ways to Use a Closet
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- 15 Eye-Catching Front Door Options
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!