I have a dilemma with my bathroom. The tub-shower is built-in and surrounded on three sides like a traditional built-in. The difficulty is the open wall - it has an opening in the shape of an arch rather than regular rectangular one.
I want to put a shower curtain rod, but the trouble is knowing how to do it. Do I put a straight rod on the inside of the arch? I think it would look silly (too high) outside of the arch, but I don't have a creative solution.
I'm going to assume that the walls of your traditional shower are tiled so you don't need the whole claw foot tub shower ring enclosure thing. If that is the case, I would go with the straight bar across the inside of the arch. Try to find a bar that matches the style of your house. For instance, a mission style house might look great with a twisted iron rod. Simple chrome would look great in a classic or modern house. Two things to consider... for most of the time the shower curtain will be open and when you are showering the space between the top of the shower curtain and the arch will allow the steam to escape. If you decide to mount it on the outside, again mount it at a normal height (not at or above the arch level) and maybe put 2 shower curtains up with one on each side of the opening to frame the shower/bath. Hope this helps and is clear enough to understand!
Rough Inspection Questions....Please Help...
Need help wiring lanterns with built in motion senso...
Need help/ideas on a cabinet/built in armoire
St. Charles Complete Kitchen
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 20 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects