Sluggish & Overflowing toilets
It's interesting that this problem seems to have developed in the past year. This suggests that the vent pipes were properly installed.
Also...regarding the sewer smell in the washer: Does the washer drain hose go UP to washer height then drain DOWN into a standpipe or tub? If so, this is a GOOD thing, as it prevents backflow (accidental siphoning from drainpipes into the washer). Also if so, it's unlikely you're getting waste water into the washer (hopefully you're not)--unless waste water is getting into the fresh water supply elsewhere--and we really don't want to "go there", do we...
Also, washer hose goes up into PVC then down then into a bigger PVC then out the cement wall. I've never noticed any wetness in the washer, just the smell, which is why I thought the toilet problems may be coming from the vent. It seems if it is blocked the fumes maybe going into the washer seeing the septic is so close to the washer. I just thought the toilet problems and the fumes from the washer pointed the problem being the vent.
If it is the vent and we can't get to it for another month or 2, is there any temporary solution??? Plunging it seems to work for a short time, although they are still sluggish.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Top 10 Classic DIY Projects for the Outdoors
- 15 Once-Popular Household Items That Are Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Wise Ways to Get Rid of Pests and Critters
- Before and After: 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Top Tips for Keeping Countertops Like New
- 15 Amazing Things You Can Make with $0 Scrap Wood
- 14 Ways to Get More Kitchen Counter Space
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in 1 Day
- 9 Tried-and-True Methods of Eliminating Weeds
- 15 Fast Fixes for Your Home Facade
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers