Our main floor toilet doesn't flush properly...it doesn't have much "sucking power" for lack of a better word. Only liquids flush.
I've snaked it and found nothing, I've used drain cleaners, also checked the vent and it appears to be clean.
Before I call in a plumber I want to check all possible obvious reasons (which aren't very obvious to me).
Try using a closet auger available at all home stores. The function of the auger is to try and hook on small objects that may have inadvertently fell in the bowl. A good 1 cost @ $30.00, but at least you will have it 4 future use. Plunging is not always enough. The auger will "snake" past the closet bend and hopefully clear your toilet. Good luck, Tom
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 10 Clever Uses for the Space Under the Stairs
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- House Quiz: Test Your Knowledge of U.S. Architecture
- 10 Things You Can Build with Plumbing Pipes
- Sweet Dreams: 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love
- 16 Ingenious IKEA Hacks
- 18 Clever and Easy DIY Ways to Use Rope at Home
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 9 No-Sew Fabric DIY Projects to Dress Up Any Room
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight