Our main floor toilet doesn't flush properly...it doesn't have much "sucking power" for lack of a better word. Only liquids flush.
I've snaked it and found nothing, I've used drain cleaners, also checked the vent and it appears to be clean.
Before I call in a plumber I want to check all possible obvious reasons (which aren't very obvious to me).
Try using a closet auger available at all home stores. The function of the auger is to try and hook on small objects that may have inadvertently fell in the bowl. A good 1 cost @ $30.00, but at least you will have it 4 future use. Plunging is not always enough. The auger will "snake" past the closet bend and hopefully clear your toilet. Good luck, Tom
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Unexpected Spots for Accent Colors
- 10 Fantastic Furniture Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 9 Closet Storage Tips from a Pro Organizer
- 7 Seriously Surprising Spots for a Fireplace
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- Supersize Your Small Bathroom with 8 Tips
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love