Our main floor toilet doesn't flush properly...it doesn't have much "sucking power" for lack of a better word. Only liquids flush.
I've snaked it and found nothing, I've used drain cleaners, also checked the vent and it appears to be clean.
Before I call in a plumber I want to check all possible obvious reasons (which aren't very obvious to me).
Try using a closet auger available at all home stores. The function of the auger is to try and hook on small objects that may have inadvertently fell in the bowl. A good 1 cost @ $30.00, but at least you will have it 4 future use. Plunging is not always enough. The auger will "snake" past the closet bend and hopefully clear your toilet. Good luck, Tom
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Top 10 Classic DIY Projects for the Outdoors
- 15 Once-Popular Household Items That Are Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Wise Ways to Get Rid of Pests and Critters
- Before and After: 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Top Tips for Keeping Countertops Like New
- 15 Amazing Things You Can Make with $0 Scrap Wood
- 14 Ways to Get More Kitchen Counter Space
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in 1 Day
- 9 Tried-and-True Methods of Eliminating Weeds
- Picture-Perfect Patios: 10 Outdoor Spaces to Love
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers