Our main floor toilet doesn't flush properly...it doesn't have much "sucking power" for lack of a better word. Only liquids flush.
I've snaked it and found nothing, I've used drain cleaners, also checked the vent and it appears to be clean.
Before I call in a plumber I want to check all possible obvious reasons (which aren't very obvious to me).
Try using a closet auger available at all home stores. The function of the auger is to try and hook on small objects that may have inadvertently fell in the bowl. A good 1 cost @ $30.00, but at least you will have it 4 future use. Plunging is not always enough. The auger will "snake" past the closet bend and hopefully clear your toilet. Good luck, Tom
- 10 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 11 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 12 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 10 Surprising Ways to Cure Household Odors
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home on a Budget
- 10 Ways to Live Large in a Small Space
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Dressing Up the Dresser: 11 Clever DIY Transformations
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 10 Ways to Use Mirrors to Your Design Advantage
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- How To: Paint EVERYTHING
- Man, Oh Man! 7 Unbelievable Guy Spaces
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 12 Wow-Worthy Woods for Kitchen Countertops
- 10 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Indoor Air Quality
- How To: Clean EVERYTHING