Our toilet won't flush properly (bowl will not empty)- we've replaced works in tank and still having the same problem. (Sometimes we have to flush 3 or 4 times.) No toys or "foreign objects" have been thrown in. Do we need to replace the whole toilet? We are on a city septic system and the toilet is probably the original one which would make it about 25 years (give or take a couple). All other drains in the house work properly and we only have the one bathroom.
You may be much happier to fix your existing toilet than to buy a low flush toilet. Sounds more like a drain or bowl problem than a tank problem although it could be. Have you pulled the toilet to see if their is an obstruction in the bowl? Do you have deposits built up around the 1" hole in the bottom? Can you possible identify the brand? Repair parts are not all the same for this age of toilet. Look at the indented numers and letters on the inside of the tank. You may have to run a pencil over them. You'll see a ceramic cook date and other identifiers like "K" or "Standard". Does the inside of your tank look different from other toilets?
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes