I wanted to see if anyone could help me with how to install a floor drain in a 2nd floor garage with steel q-decking as the underlayment for support before I pour the concrete floor.
The way my lot is, the house is being built utilizing the hillside so on the basement level you pull into a 1-1/2 wide garage stall from the back, then level on the front of the house you pull into another 1-1/2 wide stall directly on top. We have the q-decking in place but need to know how to put the floor drain in before pouring the concrete floor.
I run angle iron from the existing supports and afix them with beam clamps. Occassionally I need a welder to build me something. There may be a commercial brace available but I have not heard of it. Make sure your drain will not move off level. The lightweight pour and the finishers can knock them around. Best to be on site when they pour. Plug the drain and tape off the grid.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 25 Insanely Easy-to-Make Holiday Ornaments
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 Classic Ways to Brighten Up a Dark Room
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Indoor Air Quality
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 7 Unauthorized Uses for Common Appliances
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- Best Secret Hiding Spots We've Ever Seen
- Sweet Dreams: 15 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 17 Creative Ways to Repurpose Cardboard
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow ANYWHERE
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 10 Bookcases You Can Make Yourself
- 7 Mistakes Not to Make with Your Fireplace
- The Easy 1-Hour Money-Saving Home Checkup
- Quick Fixes for a Fresher Shower
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Ways to Redecorate Without Spending a Dime
- 16 Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!