I wanted to see if anyone could help me with how to install a floor drain in a 2nd floor garage with steel q-decking as the underlayment for support before I pour the concrete floor.
The way my lot is, the house is being built utilizing the hillside so on the basement level you pull into a 1-1/2 wide garage stall from the back, then level on the front of the house you pull into another 1-1/2 wide stall directly on top. We have the q-decking in place but need to know how to put the floor drain in before pouring the concrete floor.
I run angle iron from the existing supports and afix them with beam clamps. Occassionally I need a welder to build me something. There may be a commercial brace available but I have not heard of it. Make sure your drain will not move off level. The lightweight pour and the finishers can knock them around. Best to be on site when they pour. Plug the drain and tape off the grid.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Top 10 Classic DIY Projects for the Outdoors
- 15 Once-Popular Household Items That Are Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Wise Ways to Get Rid of Pests and Critters
- Before and After: 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Top Tips for Keeping Countertops Like New
- 15 Amazing Things You Can Make with $0 Scrap Wood
- 14 Ways to Get More Kitchen Counter Space
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in 1 Day
- 9 Tried-and-True Methods of Eliminating Weeds
- Picture-Perfect Patios: 10 Outdoor Spaces to Love
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers