I wanted to see if anyone could help me with how to install a floor drain in a 2nd floor garage with steel q-decking as the underlayment for support before I pour the concrete floor.
The way my lot is, the house is being built utilizing the hillside so on the basement level you pull into a 1-1/2 wide garage stall from the back, then level on the front of the house you pull into another 1-1/2 wide stall directly on top. We have the q-decking in place but need to know how to put the floor drain in before pouring the concrete floor.
I run angle iron from the existing supports and afix them with beam clamps. Occassionally I need a welder to build me something. There may be a commercial brace available but I have not heard of it. Make sure your drain will not move off level. The lightweight pour and the finishers can knock them around. Best to be on site when they pour. Plug the drain and tape off the grid.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Unexpected Spots for Accent Colors
- 10 Fantastic Furniture Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 9 Closet Storage Tips from a Pro Organizer
- 7 Seriously Surprising Spots for a Fireplace
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- Supersize Your Small Bathroom with 8 Tips
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love