It started a couple days ago after our loss of power due to the nor easter. when power came on the house was 59 degrees and i left the heater on 69 so the heater ran awhile. now when we take showers it gets cold. i just noticed that the water went cold and the thermostat on the furnace reads 180. it also had a chatter since it was cleaned past fall. i'm also unsure if the oil is turned on into blower motor. i turned it clockwise and its firing now. oh yeah when i just came out of the shower the thermostat read 40 degrees and the safty was popped. i pressed it in and it popped again. thats when i turned the shut off valce in clockwise because it jelled this winter i shut it off and wasnt sure if i even turned it on all the way and now forgot which way it goes. i know easy enough to figure out. i turned it clockwise and seems to be fine. just giving insight. we also have a reef tank near thermostat and it has a serious like that emits heat so the heat doesnt come on during the day but roommate turned hi up and show was still cold.
so latest recap. the water gets ice cold and thermostat stays hot. will go try again before i submit
i just ran the shower. it seems the oil burner cant keep up with the water flow. the shower got hot but not hot enough to burn me and went cold. i looked at thermostat. it was running but temp was down to 130. any idea's. the chatter also seems to be gone.
its a burke low pressure burner and a beckett motor
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 142 Remarkable Houses Around the World
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- Shelf Life: 10 Bookcase Projects You Can DIY
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- 11 Amazing Homemade Sheds to Inspire Your Own
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- Recipe for Success: 10 Easy Kitchen Storage Hacks
- Winning Combinations: 9 "Can't Miss" Color Schemes
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- The Ultimate All-Natural Cleaning Guide