It started a couple days ago after our loss of power due to the nor easter. when power came on the house was 59 degrees and i left the heater on 69 so the heater ran awhile. now when we take showers it gets cold. i just noticed that the water went cold and the thermostat on the furnace reads 180. it also had a chatter since it was cleaned past fall. i'm also unsure if the oil is turned on into blower motor. i turned it clockwise and its firing now. oh yeah when i just came out of the shower the thermostat read 40 degrees and the safty was popped. i pressed it in and it popped again. thats when i turned the shut off valce in clockwise because it jelled this winter i shut it off and wasnt sure if i even turned it on all the way and now forgot which way it goes. i know easy enough to figure out. i turned it clockwise and seems to be fine. just giving insight. we also have a reef tank near thermostat and it has a serious like that emits heat so the heat doesnt come on during the day but roommate turned hi up and show was still cold.
so latest recap. the water gets ice cold and thermostat stays hot. will go try again before i submit
i just ran the shower. it seems the oil burner cant keep up with the water flow. the shower got hot but not hot enough to burn me and went cold. i looked at thermostat. it was running but temp was down to 130. any idea's. the chatter also seems to be gone.
its a burke low pressure burner and a beckett motor
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 21 Ways to Spring Clean—Naturally
- Show Off: 9 Ways to Display a Collection
- The Best Paint Colors for Low-Light Rooms
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 8 Clever Storage Solutions for Pots & Pans
- 8 Creative OTHER Ways to Use a Closet
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- 15 Eye-Catching Front Door Options
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!