My kitchen faucet was leaking only when the water was running and only when the faucet is turned to a specific location. The leak was coming from underneath the handle. I'm no plumber, but after hours of online research and what wimpy tools I had, I was able to take the thing apart and fix the leak. The leak stopped. Yay!! But now there's a new problem... When I go to turn on the faucet, the handle is very tight and takes much effort to pull up/down (on/off) and left/right (hot/cold). Boo!! This doesn't bother me so much, but I think that this can't be good for the faucet since it feels like the action of turning on the faucet is going against its will.
Anyone have a clue what I did wrong? I did turn the mounting nut as tight as I could, thinking that this was causing the leak. Is it possible that I turned it too tight?
Any suggestions, thoughts or ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes