We recently had a deck installed by a contractor recommended on the Trex.Com Website. The contractor was listed as a Trex Pro Gold Contractor.
Now 6 months later all of the TREX Decking is WARPED.
We sent in a claim to TREX under their so called warrantee system - however their response was that since the deck was improperly installed it would not be covered under the warranty ???
Hence The TREX Corporation are not going to honour their warranty or provide any sort of assistance.
Should I or can I sue Trex ? After all we only had the particular contractor do the work because he was recommended by the TREX Corporation.
Never Buy Trex Decking - The Company does not Stand behind it's product or use ethical contractors.
I had my deck installed 8/06 and immediately black spots appeared. We called Trex and they said they would send a contractor to clean the deck but we should wait until Spring and give the deck a chance to mature. Sometimes the spots disappear. They made us take pictures. Finally, after months of calling for a contractor, they sent someone to clean this past Saturday. Well guess what, spots still there. What is the status of your situation. Jim McCann
Trex deck mold problem
What type of paint should I use on a deck?
HELP... Pressure Treated wood deck w/ semi transpare...
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 15 Fast Facade Fixes for Instant Curb Appeal
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- 17 Jaw Dropping Deck Designs for Your Home
- 10 Woodworking Projects for Beginners
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Junk Mail
- Decorating "Rules" Meant to Be Broken
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 16 Creative Cabinet Updates
- 10 Ways to Bring Typography Style Home
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- Make Your Own Kitchen Island: 12 Designs
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- Small Bedrooms, Huge Amounts of Style
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- Tiny Bedroom? 10 Space-Saving Solutions
- 5 DIY Porch Swings Perfect for Summer
- 1 Dozen Ways to Maximize a Small Yard
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 5 Easy and Creative DIY Lamps