We recently had a deck installed by a contractor recommended on the Trex.Com Website. The contractor was listed as a Trex Pro Gold Contractor.
Now 6 months later all of the TREX Decking is WARPED.
We sent in a claim to TREX under their so called warrantee system - however their response was that since the deck was improperly installed it would not be covered under the warranty ???
Hence The TREX Corporation are not going to honour their warranty or provide any sort of assistance.
Should I or can I sue Trex ? After all we only had the particular contractor do the work because he was recommended by the TREX Corporation.
Never Buy Trex Decking - The Company does not Stand behind it's product or use ethical contractors.
I had my deck installed 8/06 and immediately black spots appeared. We called Trex and they said they would send a contractor to clean the deck but we should wait until Spring and give the deck a chance to mature. Sometimes the spots disappear. They made us take pictures. Finally, after months of calling for a contractor, they sent someone to clean this past Saturday. Well guess what, spots still there. What is the status of your situation. Jim McCann
Trex deck mold problem
What type of paint should I use on a deck?
HELP... Pressure Treated wood deck w/ semi transpare...
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 21 Expert Choices for Fail-Safe Paint Colors
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 IKEA Favorites Made New with Paint
- The Tiniest Appliances You Never Knew Existed
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- Sweet Dreams: 15 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 10 Fall Door DIYs for the Best House on the Block
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 15 Once-Popular Home Items Now Vanishing
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 7 Reasons to Reconsider Wallpaper
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 12 "Different" Ways to Store Firewood
- 5 DIY Farm Table Projects That Will Last a Lifetime
- Beyond White: 11 Bathroom Paint Colors
- 10 DIYs for a Festive Front Door This Fall
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!