We recently had a deck installed by a contractor recommended on the Trex.Com Website. The contractor was listed as a Trex Pro Gold Contractor.
Now 6 months later all of the TREX Decking is WARPED.
We sent in a claim to TREX under their so called warrantee system - however their response was that since the deck was improperly installed it would not be covered under the warranty ???
Hence The TREX Corporation are not going to honour their warranty or provide any sort of assistance.
Should I or can I sue Trex ? After all we only had the particular contractor do the work because he was recommended by the TREX Corporation.
Never Buy Trex Decking - The Company does not Stand behind it's product or use ethical contractors.
I had my deck installed 8/06 and immediately black spots appeared. We called Trex and they said they would send a contractor to clean the deck but we should wait until Spring and give the deck a chance to mature. Sometimes the spots disappear. They made us take pictures. Finally, after months of calling for a contractor, they sent someone to clean this past Saturday. Well guess what, spots still there. What is the status of your situation. Jim McCann
Trex deck mold problem
What type of paint should I use on a deck?
HELP... Pressure Treated wood deck w/ semi transpare...
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- World's Most Amazing Slip 'N Slide
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- 11 Big Ideas for Small Kitchens
- 47 Industrial Kitchens
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- The Right Path: 15 Wonderful Walkway Designs
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in a Day
- Easy DIY Fixes for 11 Annoying House Problems
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- Make Good Use of Old Junk: 14 Creative Ideas
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- 10 Smart Solutions for Small Bedrooms
- 5 DIY Porch Swings Perfect for Summer
- 1 Dozen Ways to Maximize a Small Yard
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 5 Easy and Creative DIY Lamps