We recently had a deck installed by a contractor recommended on the Trex.Com Website. The contractor was listed as a Trex Pro Gold Contractor.
Now 6 months later all of the TREX Decking is WARPED.
We sent in a claim to TREX under their so called warrantee system - however their response was that since the deck was improperly installed it would not be covered under the warranty ???
Hence The TREX Corporation are not going to honour their warranty or provide any sort of assistance.
Should I or can I sue Trex ? After all we only had the particular contractor do the work because he was recommended by the TREX Corporation.
Never Buy Trex Decking - The Company does not Stand behind it's product or use ethical contractors.
I had my deck installed 8/06 and immediately black spots appeared. We called Trex and they said they would send a contractor to clean the deck but we should wait until Spring and give the deck a chance to mature. Sometimes the spots disappear. They made us take pictures. Finally, after months of calling for a contractor, they sent someone to clean this past Saturday. Well guess what, spots still there. What is the status of your situation. Jim McCann
Trex deck mold problem
What type of paint should I use on a deck?
HELP... Pressure Treated wood deck w/ semi transpare...
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Unexpected Spots for Accent Colors
- 10 Fantastic Furniture Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 9 Closet Storage Tips from a Pro Organizer
- 7 Seriously Surprising Spots for a Fireplace
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- Supersize Your Small Bathroom with 8 Tips
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love