We recently moved a few of the radiators in our place, it's a stream system with only one valve, and replaced some of the shut off valves as the old ones were rusty and had broken knobs. Now though I am seeing some steam coming out of the connections to the valves, most of it seems to be coming from the radiator side not the valve side. I've put thread tape of the valve side but how do I deal with steam leaking from the other side?
Thought about putting Plumber's Goop or some such thing over the threads on that side, but I'm not sure how good a seal that will give me. Ideas are appreciated.
Try this, If the leak is between the radiator and the valve, take some steel wool to the mating surfaces & clean them up. Check the alignment of the radiator to the valve, install as straight as possible. Slope the radiator to the valve [ this will keep the hammering noise down] Crank on that nut with a wrench. If this does'nt solve it the valve may have to be replaced. I'm near Boston & dealt with a few of these. C.
Washing Machine shut off valve
Main water shut-off valve leaks
stuck shut off valve for toilet...how to replace???
Stuck toilet shut off valve
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Ways to Troubleshoot the Furnace
- 11 Real Haunted Houses to Visit--If You Dare!
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 21 Expert Picks for Fail-Safe Colors
- 10 Fall Door DIYs for the Best House on the Block
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Unexpected Uses for Spray Paint
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 8 Amazing Handmade Kitchen Counters
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 5 "Make in a Weekend" Bookshelf Projects
- 9 Decorating Lessons We Learned from Social Media
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Storage Hacks
- 121 DIY Ideas for Halloween
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!