We recently moved a few of the radiators in our place, it's a stream system with only one valve, and replaced some of the shut off valves as the old ones were rusty and had broken knobs. Now though I am seeing some steam coming out of the connections to the valves, most of it seems to be coming from the radiator side not the valve side. I've put thread tape of the valve side but how do I deal with steam leaking from the other side?
Thought about putting Plumber's Goop or some such thing over the threads on that side, but I'm not sure how good a seal that will give me. Ideas are appreciated.
Try this, If the leak is between the radiator and the valve, take some steel wool to the mating surfaces & clean them up. Check the alignment of the radiator to the valve, install as straight as possible. Slope the radiator to the valve [ this will keep the hammering noise down] Crank on that nut with a wrench. If this does'nt solve it the valve may have to be replaced. I'm near Boston & dealt with a few of these. C.
Washing Machine shut off valve
Main water shut-off valve leaks
stuck shut off valve for toilet...how to replace???
Stuck toilet shut off valve
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 21 Expert Choices for Fail-Safe Paint Colors
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 IKEA Favorites Made New with Paint
- The Tiniest Appliances You Never Knew Existed
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- Sweet Dreams: 15 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 10 Fall Door DIYs for the Best House on the Block
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 15 Once-Popular Home Items Now Vanishing
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 7 Reasons to Reconsider Wallpaper
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 12 "Different" Ways to Store Firewood
- 5 DIY Farm Table Projects That Will Last a Lifetime
- Beyond White: 11 Bathroom Paint Colors
- 10 DIYs for a Festive Front Door This Fall
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!